Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
No, no, no! The only absolute, black & white definition of cheating is mine! :o

FoxBat,Apr 4 2003, 01:55 AM Wrote:Well, the "I'm fully legit.  I don't cheat!  I only use Lag Reducer" argument sounds quite similar.
I think that exploiting the rogue lightning hose bug is cheating. And thus anyone who has publicly posted about doing so must be a cheater. (Hi Bolty :P )

And if they say they were just testing, well then they must be cheaters in denial!

No mercy! Ban them from b.net!

Was it cheaters that drove me to only play in private games? Not as such - it was PKs and other grief players. (Not that I think cheaters and grief players are independent groups.) And once out of the pubbies, the cheaters only bothered me to the extent that they lag-attacked the servers to dupe or caused long queues to create games. Iths? White items? Both were non-existant as far as I was concerned. It seems to me that hearing people talk about them in chat just provided a useful screen for people I wanted to avoid.

Surprises me now, but I'm starting to wonder if the botted items didn't help to make up for a screwed up drop system and insane gambling odds.

It weird, but maybe b.net has demonstrated to me how trade creates wealth.

-- CH
(As far as I can tell I haven't been directly affected by the banning. But I'm a touch ticked at the moment - the HC paladin I'd put a lot of time into is now a ghost because my D2 client crashed with an 0xc0000005 exception.)

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by CelticHound - 04-04-2003, 03:52 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM