Muscle Mages
But fear not, MM's are still around. Not the chocolately melt in your mouth kind either. MM's are *extremely slow* levelers. Probably the slowest variant around. There's a lot of temptation to go be a nudist mage instead.

Quote:2) It looks that prefixed jewlery must ALWAYS have suffixes that raise your strenght or HPs (or both...), but what about plain suffixed jewlery?. May I use a ring of plain Dex or of Harmony

Point of jewelry affixes is to have melee combat (bow if you really want a challenge) affixes, instead of magic. No drake's ring of sorcery, but if you'd like to go LAW and block attacks with +dex affixes, that should be fine.

Quote:3) I can read any scrolls at any time... Does this includes Mana Shield?

Lemming said no, and basically I agree. Going down that path would be temptatingly cheesy and too easy. Now its possible to just use mana shield scroll and avoid using blue pots until the mana shield is gone, but that just reeks of abuse waiting to happen. Soon you might want to up magic (big no no) for additional mana shield health and use rejuvs to replenish the shield. With restrictions, you could walk down the path of temptation. Use mana shield, but no recharging.

About Armor rules
Use the most protective armor around, not mage armor (+mana, +magic stuff). For example, if your awesome chainmail has better AC than your regular platemail, use it. If you're a low ac warrior (muscle mage), then fill up on +dex equipment. Harmony, stability and equilibrium?, make for an intersting combination once you're beefed up on hp and life. Point being: Go be a warrior, whatever kind you'd like, Low AC (blocking), Zen (harmony), Buff (+life, vit or +str), Stonewall (-dfe, deflection/osmosis) not a spell flinging mage or warrior trying to be a mage. Some of the cruelist kinds are axemen, who lop demon heads with ease, while being nearly unstunnable with deflection, harmony or high life. I nicknamed mine the "axe murderer" when he came across a strange small axe of haste.

A MM a warrior in the truest sense. Melee combat & equipment is your offense and defense, spells are just for support and nothing else. Stone curse makes for nice Garden Statues to vandalize with your axe, sword or cudgel. Not to explode with fireballs or burn with firewalls. Defensive firewalls were ok in my book, but that's a slightly more advanced tactic. Maxing mana pool and MS is fairly cheese, as its more proper to be full of health than vigor of mystical spirit. You're a muscle mage, think muscle beach, weightlifting, and getting buff. Not low-impact yoga for spiritual achievement. That's for the other guys. Go be a beefcake. You're a muscle mage, be proud of your buff self.

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 08-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Muscle Mages - by Drasca - 08-31-2003, 03:04 AM
Muscle Mages - by Rhydderch Hael - 08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-07-2003, 04:08 PM