"Increases healing done by spells by up to XX."
This is something I do not understand. Everyone probably knows this phrase in one way or another: "Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 31." (Source.)

My naive interpretation of this would be: for every casting of a healing spell I get roughly 31 more health points out of it. But that can't be it, right? I hear that casting time plays a role. Please, can anyone explain this to me, or point me to a place where this is explained? Thank you.

The reason why I'm asking this is that I'm thinking about getting an enchantment on a weapon that has this property. Let's say I've got the Aurastone Hammer (+25 healing) and want to enchant it with Healing Power (+55 healing). I assume the result would be: "Increases the healing done by spells and effects by up to 80 (= 25 + 55)."

But does it really work that way? Maybe I'm wasting a pretty good enchantment because I do not understand the underlying mechanics.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!

Messages In This Thread
"Increases healing done by spells by up to XX." - by Arnulf - 09-12-2005, 11:23 AM