"Your Connection has been Interrupted"
SarahBelam,Apr 13 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:Last night it kept saying that i was allready using the cd?  Was a friend useing my password or account? Well playing for only a minute or so is not worth the agro. Well im giving the game up if its not fixed by tomorrow.    

(The only way to fix it it seems is to take the cd bend it in half and log on to runescape.)

SarahBelam.
[right][snapback]107142[/snapback][/right]
No, a friend is most likely NOT using the account.

I get that message frequently, in odd times and places when switching characters. I also get it now and again after a game drop during a team game.

What you do is you exit, close Diablo II (exit all the way out to your desktop), wait about a minute, and then re enter battlenet. Almost every time, that solves it. If not, same procedure, wait five minutes.

I think most of this is tied to dupe and bot protection features of bnet, 1.10 implementations, and if your connection skips a few packets, the server gets what appears, as best I can fathom, duplicate instances of you and tells you that you have been naughty, when in fact you have not.

Caution, if you get a lot of game crashes in a session, the server will sometimes think you are inducing them, and you will get a different message that means you are in a 2 hour or so penalty box. I have had that happen twice when I was refreshing a few mules for a team. I am fairly certain that the rapid change of characters and accounts tripped a flag, and told bnet I was behaving similar to a bot.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
"Your Connection has been Interrupted" - by Occhidiangela - 04-14-2006, 11:49 AM