Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads
Guildads
Guildads has been useful for people to advertise their needs for various items to the guild. I was impressed at how many huge venom sacs I received after asking for them in Guildads. Thanks guys for all the venom sacs.

However, it has not been helpful as far as I can tell for scheduling instance runs.
1. The Lost Souls haven't used it. Its usefulness as an interguild tool has therefore been nil to date. Olan did say to me that she was looking at it, but that is as far as it has gone. so far.
2. After an event is over, it appears that the only way of removing it is for everyone who signed up to go back in and remove their name which is a bit of a pain. Of course the slider can be used so you don't see old events, but still it is not optimum.
3. Maybe it helps others to have a ready view of who is going, but it hasn't been useful to me.

So let me know what you think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our website
Lostlurkers on guildportal

This site could be useful to us for coordinating raids with the Lost Souls. guildportal.com makes it possible for member guilds to form alliances and share forums and event calendars. (The quotes below are from a guildportal admin guide.)

Other uses that I see include but are not limited to:
1. Tracking points if we ever implement them.
Quote:In GuildPortal, Raid Points are tied to the Calendar and Bank content types, as well as the Site Members section of your Control Panel. When you create an event, you can specify how many Raid Points will be awarded to members who attend. Later, when the even has finished and you're doing follow-up, you can blanket award the specified raid points to all who
attended, or even modify how many raid points are awarded to individual members.
Drops of items or other game-related “loot” is also tracked in event follow-up,
and as part of the follow-up process, you can specify what dropped (either entering
all of the pertinent data manually or selecting from a list of drops you've previously
entered), who got it, and how many raid points it cost them...

It's a good time to mention that in order for any raid points to be awarded, it is necessary for your members to actually sign up for the events. Using the Calendar content type, members will see a link under each event that will allow them to sign up. This creates a record between the member and the event, indicating that they intend to attend, and it also lets them specify which character they will be bringing.
2. Facilitating a guild bank if we ever implement one.
Quote:The Guild Bank content type lists items your guild has, broken down by item type to
make browsing easier. The drop-down list that shows when you navigate to a page with a Guild Bank content type on it lists the categories, followed by a count of items belonging to that category that your guild has...
Items can be entered manually or imported from other items that people playing your game have entered. Members can view and request items from the bank, and items can be assigned a point value that is deducted from a member's total Raid Points when their item request is approved by a Bank admin.
3. We can put important info in an organized format on the home page where it is easily visible and not buried in a thread.
4. Facilitate communications and raid signup with LS, and any other guilds with whom we might ally in the future.
5. Allows setting access levels so that access to features such as the bank are only available to those with clearance.

Please visit the page. Sign up. After you sign up you After you join the site, I will need to grant you member status. Once you are a member please add the toons you will be raiding with to the Roster. Include information on their class and level, etc. Also, visit the events section where you can sign up for the raid.

I have set up a banner contest for our home page in the forum.

I originally conceived this as a joint site with LS, but then learned of the guild alliance feature. At this point Mystique is asking LS folks to sign up on our site too. Their site is Lost Souls at guild portal
I told him about the alliance feature allowing shared forums and calendar. We'll see how that works out. At this point Mystique is an Associate on Lostlurkers.

I named the guild Lostlurkers because I originally conceived it as a joint site with LS. I can change the name to whatever we want though. Since we don't recruit, and to distinguish it from the lounge, it might be useful to leave the name as is; on the other hand if it is not to be a joint site, then The Lurkers might be better--or the Dead Parrot Killers. Whatever you like.

Please visit, sign up and give me your feedback here or at the site.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]

Messages In This Thread
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Alram - 02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by swirly - 02-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Treesh - 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by swirly - 02-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Klaus - 03-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Treesh - 03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Treesh - 03-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Alram - 03-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Alram - 03-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Terenas Lurkers Website and Guildads - by Treesh - 03-11-2006, 02:06 AM