10 storms is nearly worthless
Jebus, you guys are touchy about this. Even when I try and make a disclamer in the original comment like
Quote:-I'm not trying to tell you how to play-
you still launch into the same old arguement.

When I said elemental shamans are the weakest, I ment that nothing in the elemental trees or the using of elemental skills helps the rest of a 40 man raid or your primary raid function. OOMkin bring omen of clarity, thorns, moonglow, moonkin crit for your mages, and natures grace. Ferals bring a healthy mana bar and LOTP. Shadow priests bring VE and weaving.

It's a bit silly that you cast aspersions on me and my friends, especially when you know just about nothing about us. FYI, our number 2 shaman is SS speced, of all the goofy things. We make fun of him about it, but it doesn't stop him from getting into raids and performing really well. He wants to win and not wipe though, so he gets on his best healing gear and plays like every other shaman on any nontrivial encounter.

As far as clearing trash goes, just because I realize the cubbyhole that shaman have been put into doesn't mean I don't have a damage set on my item rack. It cuts both ways - why would you assume I'm twiddling my thumbs on core hounds waiting for health bars to drop? Give me a little credit.

The point of this thread is that with this set bonus relevation, 10 storms is no longer a situational, mix and match sidegrade to Earthfury. It is a straight down grade on any fight where 2k healing is better then 800 damage, which is to say very nearly all of them. 60 spell damage over 8 pieces of armor is just weak, even if you are trying to spec into what is already a very weak raiding tree anyhow. If they really wanted to make EF the healing set and 10storms the elemental set, they should have made the vast superiority of EF for healing clear, instead of hiding it like +weapon skill, and clearly tagged 10storms with at least one, and maybe two more elemental bonuses, as well as clearing out the rest of the healing for more damage.

Edit:

Quote:Elem/Resto isn't a great build
ZOMG who are you to tell me my spec is weak. Elem/Resto is what I was before pushing Nef and would be if they fixed PvP. Healing way is pretty good, but most of the time another shaman will have it up for you, and purification gets weaker the better your gear gets. Aside from tide, 95% of your resto power is in the first 21 points, including the all powerful NS. Once you have those, if you don't feel compelled to get MT, you are free to spend the rest of your points in enhancement or elemental, whatever suits your off raid time better. Its a lot easier for rogues to make up lack of enhancing totems then it is for you to make up a lack of NS and to a lesser extent tide.

Messages In This Thread
10 storms is nearly worthless - by oldmandennis - 07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by Kevin - 07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by Mavfin - 07-10-2006, 03:52 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by lemekim - 07-10-2006, 05:30 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by Kevin - 07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by oldmandennis - 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by Kevin - 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by Mavfin - 07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
10 storms is nearly worthless - by oldmandennis - 07-11-2006, 12:49 AM