Razorgore Thoughts
Quote:Lav is Alliance on SR.

Yes, but I didn't recognize any of the SR toons listed as raiders, but recall them guilded, and if he was raiding on SR, I probably would recognize/know them. So I figured he was asking Hordeside for his Tich toons.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Yes, but I didn't recognize any of the SR toons listed as raiders, but recall them guilded, and if he was raiding on SR, I probably would recognize/know them. So I figured he was asking Hordeside for his Tich toons.;)

She's raiding with another guild on SR on Fafner iirc.
Razorgore is one of those fights where every guild does things a little bit differently. I'd experiment a bit to find out what works for you.

Phase 1:

We have our two MTs as controllers. The first MT controls for two cycles. Near the end of the second cycle he uses Razor's "flame volley" ability to aggro almost everything in the room. He then becomes a kiter, while the second MT takes over orb controlling duties. When the final egg breaks, the orb controller is number one on the aggro list - leaving an egg on the other side of the room gives plenty of time for people to get in position / scatter for phase 2.

Extra warriors kite the legionnaires (main kiters until the flame volley then they pick up spares). Piercing Howl is a god send for this. They basically do circles around the room, running up on to the platforms, then jumping off.

Druids and warlocks each sleep / fear a dragonkin. They basically shepherd it for the entire fight to make sure it doesn't cause trouble.

We then have DPS squads assigned to each of the spawn points (the four corners of the room) with the main goal of killing all the mages as they appear.

Healers try to do as little healing as necessary to keep people alive during this phase. Being prepared to psychic scream / howl of terror if the controller gets aggro is also important.

If you keep your warriors and healers alive during phase one, phase 2 is pretty easy.

You need two tanks building aggro on opposite sides of Razor so that when one gets conflagged, the other will get aggro. Your DPS has to be steady - Razor can't be taunted so if you pull aggro only vanish / feign death / actual death will lose it. You can use the pillars to "hide" from the flame volleys.

Chris
Quote:We are just getting to BWL now. Any thoughts or observations more recent than this thread? Any help or advice would be most welcome.

As an alternative to the 'kite everything' strategy, this is what we do in the guild I'm in.

One MT doing the 'controlling' job. Since the debuff on controlling has been removed, Razorgore can be immediately recontrolled by the same person in the event of control being broken.

Two groups are assigned to each corner, with groups containing a balanced mix of classes.

Druids and warlocks pick up dragonkin as they spawn, and either move them to the middle and hibernate them or start permafearing them. Throughout the rest of the fight it is that druid/warlock's responsibility to keep that dragonkin slept/feared. If the number of dragonkin exceeds the number of druids and warlocks, a hunter will be responsible for kiting the remainder.

If a stray mage spawns at a corner, it is stunned/dps'd down quickly.

Legionnaires are picked up by warriors and tanked. Dps assist-kills these; the warrior just concentrates on making sure all the legionnaires are hitting him.

Priests use mind control on mages that spawn when the corner is too busy with legionnaires/other mages to kill them quickly. Priest then assists dps using the mage's strong fireball spell (and arcane explosion, if the feared/slept dragonkin are far enough away). Mages can be released during 'quiet periods' and killed, or re-controlled, or just feared/kited by the priest if it's towards the end of phase 1. This means shaman and druids are the main corner healers rather than priests.

With an egg or two/three left to go, razorgore's aoe is used. By this point I'm typically using fear when I can to keep the damage being done down to a minimum while the last eggs are destroyed. When they are, the controller obviously becomes the MT and an OT is also sent in to build up aggro for thirty seconds or so until he feels he's established enough hate, and then ranged dps begins slowly. Non-ranged dps use bandages on the healers so they don't have to worry about the fireball aoe until they've regained enough mana, and can concentrate on keeping the tanks up.

In summary, fear/sleep/kite-when-no-more-sleepers-or-fearers dragonkin, tank and kill legionnaires, kill mages if they're on their own otherwise mind control them and use them to kill legionnaires and mages. Stop mind controlling and start healing if all the other healers in your corner have died (usually this is due to legionnaire cleave).

It's also possible to control legionnaires, but given their large melee damage against clothies and the much longer time it takes to kill them, I'd recommend against it.

Once your controller has worked out a path round the room that has him wasting no time at all with destroying eggs (it has a cooldown), you should be good to go. It's just a matter of surviving that 5 minutes ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:She's raiding with another guild on SR on Fafner iirc.
That is correct, Tal. Fafner is the one in BWL. The guild is Divine Wrath, and we have been doing MC for six or seven months. We just started BWL. I also use my other three level 60's in MC, but not regularly. The Tichondrius characters are just babies that I sometimes play when Stormrage is down. I cannot get into playing horde because I don't like looking at the characters.

Tribade, my main, and some of my non-60 alts are still in Fellowship of the Ping, where I moved when I had to leave the Lurkers, but it is an inactive guild.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:That is correct, Tal. Fafner is the one in BWL. The guild is Divine Wrath, and we have been doing MC for six or seven months. We just started BWL. I also use my other three level 60's in MC, but not regularly. The Tichondrius characters are just babies that I sometimes play when Stormrage is down. I cannot get into playing horde because I don't like looking at the characters.

Tribade, my main, and some of my non-60 alts are still in Fellowship of the Ping, where I moved when I had to leave the Lurkers, but it is an inactive guild.

Heh. Then just take out the bit about the totems, and give your tanks a pair of boots with +speed on them.;)

Or come back to the Lurkers, and we'll show ya how it's done with Avarice Powa.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~