Multiple Questions from a new player
Nice find on the game. And the site, I guess, though I haven't been posting that long. Was a true Lurker until a few months ago.

Telekill is a technique based on the skill Teleport, correct positioning, and stunlock. By no means am I decrying your single-player character, but I seriously doubt you have the means to utilize it effectively. Essentially, you teleport to a witch and stunlock and kill her before she can run away.

In addition to Nystul's witch-killing tactics firewall is quite good against the non-fire immune variety. Just be sure to line it up correctly. Most of the other spells aren't particularly useful for your warrior, so I'd stick to the slashing. Witches are more about positioning and luring than anything else. If you have a spare bow, you can also try firing a few shots into a room you haven't activated yet to lure witches out of the depths. This is for a room setup as follows:

You
|-----.....------|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|

If you enter the room and there are witches to the left and right, you might be able to stunlock one or two before they take off and fry you. But if you walk left and right of the door and hide behind the wall to lure a few at a time, you'll do much better. A corollary here is the bow. Fire it into the room at different angles to draw them out (though I may be speaking out of my posterior here--it's been SOO long since I played a single-player warrior).

A trainer is probably best defined as a cheat program. You'll find little commentary on them here beyond the obligatory insults following the explanation.

A mod is a modified Diablo executable file. There are plenty of Diablo lovers around, but killing Lazarus over and over gets a little stale. They essentially play like expansion packs (albeit some go in an entirely different direction). They are user-created and non-Blizzard supported.

"Legit" has had a disputed definition for as long as more than one person has been using the word. A general consensus is a lack of hacks, cheats, bug exploitation, and whatnot. Some people choose to include PKing in that list, while others are somewhat fuzzy on what "hack", "cheat" and especially "bug exploitation" actually mean.

I'd recommend that you eventually beat the game with all three classes. Just playing a Mage or Rogue will give you a lot of insight about tactics (provided you don't try to apply them directly) to your Warrior. The Mage in particular will help you learn resistances and immunities of enemies you might want to, for example, Firewall. He has mana to burn, so you mise well find out what hits and what doesn't.

The multiplayer game is generally thought of as where the replay value lies. Beware of cheaters if you enter Battle.net, though. Virtually every public game will contain them. You might try the channel Diablo LE. I've been offline for awhile (harddrive's dead), but I believe activity was re-emerging there when I left.

--me

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Ed A - 09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Alamara - 09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Nystul - 09-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Nystul - 09-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Ed A - 09-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Merlinios - 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Alamara - 09-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Alamara - 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Ed A - 09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Multiple Questions from a new player - by Ashock - 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM