Finished! Now on to a new character
Woo-hoo! Last night I took one of my two Warrior guys through level 16 and slayed the beast! Thanks to everyone and Jarulf's guide for all the advice and counsel. This was the weaker of my two characters and I was actually surprised that I was able to complete the game. I can't say that I found the ending all that satisfying. My wife woke up from watching the news and saw the ending movie. She was like "That's it? that's the A-version ending? You become it?" and I have to agree.

Anyway, I'm back to begin again with either a rogue or a sorcerer. I'll have to figure out how they fight - I understand the warrior approach - just wade on in there and hack and slash and kick some butt - but not the others. Awfully good thing that I didn't develop a tolerance to red potions 'cause I was slugging them boys down quite a bit at the end. I loved fighting the Advocates and Blood Knights, although not too many at once!

Stay Well,
Ed A
Quote:Woo-hoo! Last night I took one of my two Warrior guys through level 16 and slayed the beast! Thanks to everyone and Jarulf's guide for all the advice and counsel. This was the weaker of my two characters and I was actually surprised that I was able to complete the game. I can't say that I found the ending all that satisfying. My wife woke up from watching the news and saw the ending movie. She was like "That's it? that's the A-version ending? You become it?" and I have to agree.

Ed A

The reason Diablo 1 was such a great game was not it's SP campaign, it was MP. If D1 was strictly SP (as was originally intended), no one would play it for more than 3-4 months, at most. The beauty of the game is not in the ending, but in the development of your character and different strategies you employ in fighting monsters, especially in the higher difficulties. You do not get any of that in SP.

If you want great quests and a meaningful conclusion, play Baulder's Gate 1 & 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and a host of other *real* RPGs. Diablo is really not an RPG, it's an action game.

-A
Getting Hellfire is also an option. Three more classes, and the possibility to start a SP game on any difficulty.