Fire Nova totems
Hi , not noticed this until today and wondered if this is meant or a bug . I picked up the Infested protectors quest in the Bone wastes and started killing the trees so in turn kill the wood mites that appear afterwards . I went from tree to tree , killing each and dropping a Fire nova totem just before it died , now everytime I used the totem no wood mites appeared , so a change of tactics I would drop the totem after the trees death . Sure enough the wood mites started to appear and of course die off when the totem activated . Killed around four more trees this way , looked at the quest to see how many mites needed and saw it was 0 / 25 . So fire nova was doing the killing but not counting the kills .
I also noticed when my mage did this quest that if I AoE'd a split second before the tree died I was getting no mites appearing , I would actually have to wait for their appearance before the AoE .

So with my shaman I had to revert to good old smacking em around the head with my weapons:)

edit : I believe one of my hunters stings prevented the mites , but which one I can't recall atm , was a while ago .
Take care

Messages In This Thread
Fire Nova totems - by Raven Vale - 03-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Fire Nova totems - by Tuftears - 03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Fire Nova totems - by Concillian - 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM