Why Dex-based classes are terrible.
(06-30-2012, 11:47 PM)Concillian Wrote: Lots of stuff works in NM that doesn't work at inferno. It breaks down when things can kill you in 1-2 hits.

It is simply not possible for a DH to gear defensively enough to do this in inferno (solo), because there are no lasting +% armor or resists buffs.

It's the same story in NM and Hell - I've gotten insta-killed numerous times by cheesy, unplayable champ packs - it's just a lot more prevalent and unbalanced in Inferno. However, LoH works just as well in Hell as in Nightmare - unlike leech, it suffers no penalties at higher difficulty levels. OTOH, I agree with you on the lack of damage mitigation for Demon Hunters. Beyond a modest amount, neither armor nor resists are winning strategies for a DH.

As for what works in Inferno, not even Blizzard portrays it as anything but "optional content". Of course, they're being disingenuous, since the highest level items drop only in Inferno. But with what's available on the AH, magic find has a poor return on investment. What's the point, really, since it's little more than an exercise in stat inflation? I've seen nothing that indicates Inferno benchmarks anything more than your budget and your tolerance for zerging.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Dex-based classes are terrible. - by RogueMage - 07-01-2012, 12:59 AM