60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression)
Quote:# Questing at 60
We realize that at 60, strong incentive for questing evaporates. Obviously, this is due primarily to experience rewards or the lack thereof at 60.We are developing methods to alter, yet reinvigorate questing for players who have reached the level cap.
[right][snapback]97418[/snapback][/right]
A thought that occured to me while reading this paragraph.. when I previously thought I'd like to explore the world more than to develop and "level up" my character, I discovered to my unending amazement that I like and adapted the achiever mentality to my heart's content.

But still, the quests are not merely a means to get there. I also like to read their backstories and enjoy some of their more weird twists on the game world. Although in the end it doesn't change the world as such, only the way you see it. To explain: with "world" I mean the world of Azeroth, not ours.

Unfortunately pre-60 I was often with groups where we charged through the dungeons (instances) and while picking up quests there was allright, it was almost impossible to read through the text not to mention relish in their context while 4 other people were positively breathing down one's neck. :)

Few and far between were the runs where I was able to explore the place at my leisure. I thank MongoJerry for his excellent stories about Scholomance and Lower Blackrock Spire. It was because of them that I made it a point to force some friends of mine to literally clear Lower Blackrock Spire and look into each nook and cranny. From finding and returning the lost package 'til defeating Wyrmthalak and even Urok Doomhowl. Everyone agreed that it was a fun and exciting run despite its exhausting length.

Well, what I'm trying to say is that people pickup quests and just see the rewards and disregard what it was originally standing for. Not with an ounce of regret in their voice I've heard numerous times the reiterating of the steps to complete a mission while at the same time being totally oblivious as to why do this in the first place. Although in rare cases I still don't know why I had to do something to achieve something else which seemed adversely to the quest giver's goals.

I do not exactly know how to bring people to take in that with more languish strides than I normally experienced in World of Warcraft. Probably nothing can be done about it. I mostly blame the modern way of life where even spare time has to be divided into precious chunks of two-hour slices.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!

Messages In This Thread
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by nobbie - 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Wogan - 12-19-2005, 01:54 AM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 02:23 AM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Warlock - 12-19-2005, 05:15 AM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Raelynn - 12-19-2005, 05:28 AM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Watto44 - 12-19-2005, 06:39 AM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Raelynn - 12-19-2005, 01:58 PM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Arnulf - 12-19-2005, 02:00 PM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Raelynn - 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Quark - 12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
60 and Beyond (End-Game Progression) - by Watto44 - 12-20-2005, 12:14 AM