Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug?
Most of the "you"s were not aimed at you occhi, perhaps I should replace them with "one"

Occhidiangela,Feb 24 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:Point 1: No vent, it was a comment on the accusations of cheating within the previous discussion, with a personal anecdotes added about how some people would not know cheating if it hit them in the face.
[right][snapback]68956[/snapback][/right]
Ah, I mistook your post, sorry. Venting was the wrong word. It was a long post, mine are not usually long. My whole point is you can't really differentiate cheese and cheating, its all in the person's definition.
Quote:Point 2: I find the assertion of a bug hard to believe. FWIW. I ran Hell Andy twice last night for the heck of it. She dropped utter garbage. No Green, gold, one yellow, and a couple of minor blue in two deaths. I had on around 140% MF, par for the course. What bug? The first one was for the initial quest, the second to see what the heck you folks are on about with a "bug."
I successfully made an online andy bug char so I could find stuff for my level 9 asn. To my knowledge, the andy bug simply drops only rares and higher. I had absolutely no mf, and I consistently got rares with a few failed sets/real sets. Magic rings/charms/jewels/amulets/stackables have no way of telling if they were failed sets, but since all other magics were failed sets, I think its pretty safe to say there is a bug. I recently did andy on single player, and recieved crap the 2nd time too as well, so maybe only online thing.
Quote:"If you want to feel good about yourself?" What are you talking about? The sense of "I am legit since I eschew exploiting bugs:" like the old Dual Wield Bug that I cited?
If you despise cheese etc..., don't do it. I don't think I was disagreeing with you.
Quote:3. How is that a bug? If you join a game where a certain act boss has not been killed, and you have not recieved that quest yet, and you kill the boss, I would nope that the boss will drop as if it were a quest drop: it is. That is how the game is supposed to work: You don't have quest, you complete quest, you get quest credit.
Is it? If you clear the Den of Evil when it's already been done, you don't get the skill. Why should you get half of the reward for killing the boss? In my opinion, you should only get quest drop once, or never at all. Again, if you despise cheese...
Quote:4. Cheating when playing with other players . . . you don't seem to actually address. You seem to be referring to bug exploitation: do you mean such bugs/features like the old BG IM feature, or the old BH Conc bug/feature of 1.04/1.05/1.06 fame? Your post also seems to me to confuse item farming with cheating. I would hope we not get into that, as item farming is one of many attractions to the game for some folks.

You also seem to assert that the AB holds item farming as cheating?
Item farming is whatever the player makes of it. If the player likes item farming, (s)he should play on the net and get all the uber gear. Some people dislike twinking, and that is why they usually play alone. I don't play AB games, so I probably should have omitted that section, but from what I've heard, they play the game without the overpowered runewords like enigma and such. I could be very wrong (and probably am) but there is simply no way a player could actually find all those runes and all that stuff without going crazy from playing too much. It's possible to get it all from one baal drop, but the numbers are clearly against the player.
Quote:Are you sure you meant to say what you did the way you did? I know what it is to post too quickly (caffeine addict here) and to not proof for meaning often enough. Been in that soup often enough.
I'm going to leave this to a quote from Family Guy:
Quote:Peter: Well, I'm gettin' something really special too. And by special I don't mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happend to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.
Brian: Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
Peter: I drift in and out.
Like Peter, I sometimes make no sense, sorry. Hopefully not nearly to his extent.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.

Messages In This Thread
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by DeeBye - 12-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Taem - 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 02:06 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Taem - 12-27-2004, 08:05 AM