Cleglaw's Claw
...and it's legit too.

It was on one of my characters that I hadn't played in about 2 years. But I'm running 1.10, and the ring remains intact. This of course, being one of my single player characters (dial-up really sucked at the time *cringe*).

However, does anyone else have Cleglaw's Claw Ring?

Here's the stats on it.

Required Level: 4
6% Life Stolen Per Hit
Damage Reduced by 2

Now the question that I have is whether or not when I place this with the other two parts of the set (on a different character), would the game acknowledge that there is really all three pieces of the set there? I'll be testing that out tonight. Who knows... when I drop the item to transfer it, the game might eat it.

-SaxyCorp
Quote:Required Level: 4
6% Life Stolen Per Hit
Damage Reduced by 2

That is one bugged ring. Cathan's Seal has the same 6% leach and damage reduced by 2, but it requires lvl 11(IIRC). I guess it could have been produced by some form of hiccup in item generation, but those things happen very infrequently.

If it doesn't work with the set, try it with Cathans set as well; who knows.
Ummm, are you sure that isn't Cathan's ring? I think Cathan' ring is 4% though...that is quite odd.

Hopefully someone else can answer.

RTE
Ran off to the Amazon Basin
Saxywoo,Dec 30 2004, 10:17 AM Wrote:...and it's legit too.

It was on one of my characters that I hadn't played in about 2 years.  But I'm running 1.10, and the ring remains intact.  This of course, being one of my single player characters (dial-up really sucked at the time *cringe*).

However, does anyone else have Cleglaw's Claw Ring?

Here's the stats on it.

Required Level: 4
6% Life Stolen Per Hit
Damage Reduced by 2

Now the question that I have is whether or not when I place this with the other two parts of the set (on a different character), would the game acknowledge that there is really all three pieces of the set there?  I'll be testing that out tonight.  Who knows... when I drop the item to transfer it, the game might eat it.

-SaxyCorp
[right][snapback]63943[/snapback][/right]

The same thing happened to my brother when he converted a 1.06 classic character to 1.10 expansion. All the set items were scrambled. It's probably because of the changes to the setitems.txt file format.
Baajikiil,Dec 30 2004, 05:23 PM Wrote:That is one bugged ring.  Cathan's Seal has the same 6% leach and damage reduced by 2, but it requires lvl 11(IIRC).  I guess it could have been produced by some form of hiccup in item generation, but those things happen very infrequently. 

If it doesn't work with the set, try it with Cathans set as well; who knows.
[right][snapback]63945[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, forgot to give you guys an update.... It worked! I am now running on a complete set, just with a rung instead of a shield. Which works out for now, considering I'm working on putting together Sigon's Steel.

I have a screenshot if any of you want to see it. PM me and just let me know what e-mail addy to send it to.

SaxyCorp
Saxywoo sent me a screenshot of this crazy ring.
[Image: clegawsclawring.jpg]
I don't remember where exactly the page is located, and I can't access their site from work, but diabloii.net mentions this somewhere on their site. Or they did. Or one of their affiliates did at some point. Can't remember exactly.

There was a compiled list over over 140 items, including set and rares that either shouldn't have existed, or showed up with incorrect stats/incorrect item type.

As I recall, most of these items were from original version of LoD and the first and and second patch, all were fixed, but were backwards compatable. Also, there were some runewords that used to work but don't anymore, and some that were NEVER enabled, still aren't, yet worked at some point for whatever reason, and were legit. Rather odd anyway.

There are screenies of some of them laying around somewhere. Also, if you can, email that screenie to diabloii.net, ask them what else they've seen along those lines, and they may be able to save you some searching.