It'll Be Anarchy!
We don't have a dog that thinks it's a cat, but we have had a cat & dog in the house for a while now

This is the dog:
[Image: animal1.jpg]

and this is the cat:
[Image: animal2.jpg]

What we found for the first few months was that the dog (we'd had her for several years before) would keep away from the cat, and the cat from the dog moreso.
If either made a sudden move, the other would dart away, that being a sudden move in itself would send the first one off again, and then it would gegenerate pretty fast, and someone would have to move FAST to restrain one of them (the dog, normally, she's easier to grab - since she has a collar).

But they've gradually got used to each other and accepted each other, and now they happily brush fast each other - infact, the dog became quite protective of the the cat for a while back in the summer when the cat went for wanders into the garden - chasing away enemy cats that ours was shying away from - to the point where the cat wouldn't go out into the garden WITHOUT the dog :blink:
So basically, any friction between them now will go away in a few months (although you'll see improvement within weeks)

Though I suppose this doesn't apply to you, since your cats have accepted the dog as another kitten... anyway.

I tell you what, our dog doesn't eat the leftovers from the cats litter tray, she does help herself to the cats dinner, and then put on a very guilty look. So the cat helps herself to some dog food, and promptly throws up. - look slike we have a cat that wants to become a dog. To our knowledge she's not had much (if any) interaction with other cats, and so could well be following the role-model, er, the dog.
Both the animals are ok with having my nieces poking and prodding them, although the cat tries to flee when she gets the chance (so perhaps she isn't ok with it - she doesn't attack them at any rate)

I want piccies of this ill little doggie (and maybe the other major characters in this) - you could release a trading card game! I can see it now, all the kids trying to get a Spazmanian Devil card, especially a holo one :P

-Bob

Messages In This Thread
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Doc - 03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by --Pete - 03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Phyloxerra - 03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Mirajj - 03-18-2004, 05:42 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Bob - 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Wiccan - 03-20-2004, 04:18 AM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by degrak - 03-21-2004, 11:19 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by klaptonic - 03-26-2004, 10:44 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Doc - 03-27-2004, 12:59 PM