When Real Life and WoW Get Confused
Would I crash the funeral?

Hell yes.

Would I post the crap that they did, which is the real reason alot of people were offended?

No. That's just poor sportsmanship.

There's been at least one "funeral" (turned out she was faking her death to get away from her ex, DRAMA OMGZ) on Kil'Jaeden. For a druid, so it was in moonglade. I'd never met her, I was hoping a brawl would start. Not many hordelings showed up, so it was mostly pretty dull.

Games are primitive. Games express only the most basic aspects of human emotion and society. Anything beyond kill or be killed is only in the player's mind- the software doesn't support it.

MMO's are the next step in the humanizing of the digital frontier. THey're not games of chance or challenge or even really to tell stories; they're social activities.

Part of being human is being able to express sorrow over death, or joy over love -both are celebrated with formalized gatherings. Gathering people together, grouping, is something MMO's excel at. Funerals and weddings in game are inevitable (and have been going on for a decade). Watch for bachelor parties and baby showers in the future.

Society changes, technology evolves, and a new generation, raised from the cradle with the shrill humming of hard drives, will define how far into cyberspace "Real Life" social interactions extend.

The future may very well be a self-imposed matrix rather than Logan's crowded metropolis. No reality instead of virtual reality.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek

Messages In This Thread
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Alram - 04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Tal - 04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Tal - 04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Rinnhart - 04-05-2006, 07:08 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Mavfin - 04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Rinnhart - 04-05-2006, 07:37 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by Tal - 04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
When Real Life and WoW Get Confused - by savaughn - 04-06-2006, 06:48 PM