Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17

Concillian,Feb 14 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:We don't necessarily...
What we need is an agreement about how to distribute loot.

It doesn't matter if it's a point system or not, it matters that the guilds agree.  If the agreement is that we are best suited by not having a point system for now, then that's great.

However, if we grow to the point of doing MC, seeing 4 pieces of loot drop in a week for 40 people showing up, you start needing a system to ensure fairness instead of a situation like GG described, where people show up several raids in a row with no loot, while new people start getting lucky rolls. 

The need arises when you have a low loot - to - player ratio.

On 5 mans this isn't really a problem as you kilil 5-10 bosses, people can at least leave with a shard or quest completions.  But the raid instances are such that you can EXPECT to get nothing for a couple trips in a row, so you need something to track things so you don't inadvertently give someone preference that someone else deems unfair.

Perhaps the best example is the infamy of Durambar and myself rolling against each other on warrior gear.  I have had a pretty lucky streak on heads-up rolling.  This can be seen as unfair by Durambar.  A point system would alleviate the radomness and potential for these kinds of 'streaks', which may keep Durambar from feeling frustrated and me from feeling any guilt.

I am of the mindset that for at least a couple weeks of ZG we can do without a point system, but if it becomes a regular thing, then it might be a good idea to implement one. 

If we're going to implement something, it's not going to happen overnight, so early discussions don't hurt.

Personally, I don't really care at this point.  I'm not going to say that loot doesn't matter, but it's not a big deal to me right now.  If we have a system that works without points, it's great.  Just that with a guild alliance there is a danger that someone could inadvertently show preference that would cause an issue between the guilds. 

I think when dealing with a maturity level as high as we have in our guild, and that I've seen from LS, the issue is not purposeful preference, but inadvertent preference.
-------- Separate subject -------
At the very least we should come up with a system for bijous/coins/paragons for Friday. 

My suggestion would be a guild roll on the first of each type of BoEs (one for coins, one for bijous and one for voodoo dolls).  Alternate guilds from then on out... guilds can sort them out individually later.  This way one designated person rolls need from each guild on the first one, and everyone else passes.  Then on the 2nd drop, the person who lost the last roll hits need and everyone else passes.  This allows the in-game loot system to take care of everything and hopefully will help speed things along.

Paragons should be addressed same as normal blue/purple BoP drops, however we are handling those.  Probably a separate "need" from normal items? Last week we only listed three classes that could use the paragon that dropped, but there are usually four for each paragon, three for an item, and one for a ZG enchant.  The exception are items which are usable by pally, only three then, as we are guaranteed not to have a pally with us.  I'm pretty sure we did not include the enchant class last Friday. 

We might consider giving preference to classes who can use paragons at friendly rep (enchants are friendly) as these will be of most immediate use.  Not much point in giving a paragon we get now to a class that can't use it until they get revered with Zandalar.  As people gain faction with Zandalar this can be adjusted.

Paragon uses (friendly enchant, friendly item, honored, revered):
Code:
Paragon     Enchant      Friendly           Honored            Revered

Bindings    Dru       Hunt, Mage
Stanchion   Hunt      Dru, Prst, Warl
Girdle      Mage                         Rog, Sham, Warr        
Shawl        --                          Hunt, Mage
Tabard      Prst                                             Druid, Shaman
Kossack     Rog                                              Mage, Warl, Warr
Sash        Sham                         Dru, Prst, Warl
Armsplint   Warl      Rog, Sham, Warr
Aegis       Warr                                             Hunt, Prst, Rog

I left Pally out of the matrix, which makes it look unbalanced.
[right][snapback]102040[/snapback][/right]
I appreciate all this feedback and discussion. A point system is new to me so I like understanding the pros and cons, ins and outs.

With regard to bijous/coins/ for Friday, I think this rule already established with LS addresses it:
Quote:9. Orb's and other Rare items will be kept for the guild and a list of ppl for enchants kept, Crusder etc.
Initially everyone passes. Then how about a guild roll on all reagents, books, patterns? One rep from Lurkers, one from Lost Souls? This way those nice reagents (and patterns) can still build guild professions etc. without worrying about unfairness between guilds. The guild that wins the roll will then handle the distribution  within  the respective guild.  If one guild seems to be winning all the rolls they will then defer to the other guild until a balance has been struck.
.It is fundamentally the same as you propose, Concillian; I think. If last Friday was any indication, then the majority of people should be able to get a coin or bijou. If anyone in our guild didn't get one last week, then they should receive one this week.
I think, as you say, Paragons should be treated like normal blue/purple BoP drops.

I have a problem I need help with that relates to grouping with LS.
I have sent them 9 emails. (Everything of importance, fortunately has been replicated here in the forum.) I use Thunderbird v1.02. I created a subfolder to my Sent folder entitled Sent to LS. I dragged and dropped all 9 sent items into the subfolder, and now when I open them they are totally blank. How can I retrieve those emails? I am not closing Thunderbird just in case.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]

Messages In This Thread
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by Xame - 02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by Alram - 02-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17 - by Xame - 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM