Need Help Naming a Guild?
Let's face it fellas, <Lurkers> is a really boring guild name. Unlike the really cool <Lurking Loungers> I ran in WoW beta, our guild masters have seen fit to give us lame guild names.

Want to improve it, but can't figure out what to call our uberguilds on various servers? Use the Guild Name Generator! Generated from a grammar ruleset and with a weighted vocabulary drawn from about 22,000 guild names from 5 World of Warcraft servers, this generator can greatly assist you with a creative crunch by suggesting such exciting and attention-grabbing guild names like:

Knights of Fuzzy Little Strength
Feathers of Tauren Beef Alliance
Kindred of Nudys Toy Gate
Bunnies of Loves Bill Horizon

And of course, who could forget:

Storage of Peteypablos Fan Bandits

Ok, so it's not perfect.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Let's face it fellas, <Lurkers> is a really boring guild name. Unlike the really cool <Lurking Loungers> I ran in WoW beta, our guild masters have seen fit to give us lame guild names.

We had a choice - boring guildmaster but cool name or boring name with ultra cool guildmasters.

The people spoke.:)
Quote:The people spoke.:)
And we paid the price with an ugly black tabard!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:And we paid the price with an ugly black tabard!

-Bolty
I do consider bribes.:)
Quote:I do consider bribes.:)
Tal, seriously, Pumpkin Querulus. Think about it. ;)

Zippy> Wand of Pink Fuzzy Venoms

Geld, you aren't getting off lightly either. The Tarantula Attack Avengers. If that one is not acceptable, Wrath of Ill Tempered Thrall. *nods*
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I do consider bribes.:)
That is pure extortion. All the gold in the world won't make my characters' hair color match our tabard again! *sniff*

That's it, I'm transferring. "LF Guild with a red tabard" post going up on the WoW guild recruitment boards as we speak! Especially one with the heart symbol on it. Cleo would look spiff in that, I think.

And now, for no reason, Gratuitous Beta Nostalgia-Inducing Screenshot:

[Image: wow45.jpg]

Is that a sleep icon on Bolty's action bar? Was there a point in beta where Mages had poly AND sleep? I don't remember that, but who knows...maybe it was invisibility.

Oh, and who could forget this classic? Well, you could, because you don't really care, but I remember:

[Image: wow94.jpg]

-Bolty
Quote:That is pure extortion. All the gold in the world won't make my characters' hair color match our tabard again! *sniff*

Ah ha! You're just testing me now. As if DarthCleo would ever go hoodless again.

Well played sir.

Excuse me for a moment:
WTS tabard design 100 gold. PST.

My contribution to the nostalgia wave:

Behold the first MT of Lurkers:
[Image: stockings.gif]
Quote:That is pure extortion. All the gold in the world won't make my characters' hair color match our tabard again! *sniff*

That's it, I'm transferring. "LF Guild with a red tabard" post going up on the WoW guild recruitment boards as we speak! Especially one with the heart symbol on it. Cleo would look spiff in that, I think.
Just go make your guild name "I Luv Red Tabards". Then you can design your own red tabard to your own desire. Probably a lot cheaper than the bribes to Tal.

Quote:And now, for no reason, Gratuitous Beta Nostalgia-Inducing Screenshot:

Is that a sleep icon on Bolty's action bar? Was there a point in beta where Mages had poly AND sleep? I don't remember that, but who knows...maybe it was invisibility.
Are you sure that is not that useless Phantasm skill that mages had at the start of the beta?

Your post here seems to indicate that Invisibility was not available till level 26 and the screen shot shows Bolty as only level 23. Also interesting to look at the last sentence of the that post of yours from Apr 5 2004.
Quote:For now, I only hope that even more Lurkers get in for the future phases so I can start out a level 1 Priest and see what makes them tick.
Quote:Are you sure that is not that useless Phantasm skill that mages had at the start of the beta?
OMG, PHANTASM! I remember that now! Imagine a Voidwalker that had no aggro-raising taunt and you have a Phantasm...a spell designed to hold the attention of a mob that you never touch, basically.

Quote:Your post here seems to indicate that Invisibility was not available till level 26 and the screen shot shows Bolty as only level 23. Also interesting to look at the last sentence of the that post of yours from Apr 5 2004.
Oh dear lord.

I should get in a time machine now, go back to that point, and tell myself "do something else, for God's sake."

Ah, early-beta Mages. Back before talents, back before Polymorph, back before Counterspell, back before just about anything but nuke spells. Back then, the diminishing returns on "stuttering" didn't exist, either. Then Blizzard overcompensated and made them gods somewhere around Phase 3-4; remember when the Mage population on the beta PvP server rose to something like 40-45%?

-Bolty
Quote:My contribution to the nostalgia wave:

Behold the first MT of Lurkers:
Try this on for size: our first Razorgore kill. Notice that gnome all the way on the right?

:wub:

-Bolty
Quote:Try this on for size: our first Razorgore kill. Notice that gnome all the way on the right?

-Bolty

What first kills did he tank? Geddon, Shazz, Domo, Rags, Razorgore and Vael I think. I was on Taranna for Ony, Golemag and Sulfuron first kills. I think I was on Gnolack for Luci, Mags, and Geh but Anadrol or Darian tanked those. Though for some reason I think I was actually on Balador the first time domo died. I know the little man had domo duty a lot on learning runs and that I tanked the last or 2nd to last guard to die a few times on learning pulls as well.

And I had to tank again, I was the NR tank on our first Hydross kill on Terenas. Kam doesn't really look like the crazy little man though. :)

I leveled that insane little gnome as prot too. First points outside the prot tree were at around L50 and they were deflection in the arms tree. I only had 3 points in tactical mastery by the time I hit 60. Some of those prot talents deep in the tree were awful at the time. The old shield mastery before they had shield slam.... I did some silly stuff.

But he wasn't really the first tank of Lurkers either. I was 60 before Shal, but Sharanna was 60 before Gnolack and there were at least 2 other SR Lurker warriors that hit 60 before me. Different times, but I still remember a lot of it. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Try this on for size: our first Razorgore kill. Notice that gnome all the way on the right?

-Bolty

:wub:indeed but thats BetaShar in that screenie. =)
Quote:That's it, I'm transferring. "LF Guild with a red tabard" post going up on the WoW guild recruitment boards as we speak! Especially one with the heart symbol on it. Cleo would look spiff in that, I think.
I happen to know such a guild.

[Image: hearttabardci5.jpg]
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Adding to the nostalgia...

Remember these?
[Image: Server1.jpg]

This was a good time, too.
[Image: dead2.jpg]
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Let's face it fellas, <Lurkers> is a really boring guild name....
How about
<My Elf Can Beat Up Your Elf>
<Battery Not Included>
<Baby Ate My Dingo>
<Not a Cylon>
<Ni Hao>
<Adult Trinket Vendor>
<Oxhorn Groupie>
<Bolty's Minion>
?

BTW, I don't know what special characters and number of characters are allowed in a guild name.

Signed,
Shikigami
<Rez-ident Evil>
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts

And now, for no reason, Gratuitous Beta Nostalgia-Inducing Screenshot:

-Bolty

*cough*andthattook8attemptsuntilbeforeyoufinallytookmealongandwegotVCdown*cough* :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:How about

<Ni Hao>

Signed,
Shikigami
<Rez-ident Evil>

Already exists on Stormrage (and probably a few others) ;)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
[Image: Nutz.jpg]

Frankly, I blame Tal.
~Frag :lol:

Edit: The Trouble with Tribbles &reg; - We're in stitches.

[Image: HornyHair.jpg]
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Already exists on Stormrage (and probably a few others) ;)
<Ni Meow> ? :lol:
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Quote:How about
<Bolty's Minion>
I endorse this.

-Bolty