Teeny bit embarising
<Coughs>

My mercs too cool for his own good, im gonna dock his pay B)

The fella killed the count. He's an act5 merc, level 8x, on a fire/orb sorc who's level 90. What suprised me is that the countess' stash opened. Is this because he killed the count or will it allways open in 1.10?

Cheers,

Kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Hello kier,

from the Character LVLs you are stating, I take it it was probably Hell Count.

Not sure about this one, but when I did Countess Runs with my Pally in Normal HC (Ladder), the stash didn't open after the first time. Maybe you can force the stash to open again if you let your merc take the killing blow at her, but I haven't tested that. Sorry, that's all I can contribute.

Greetings,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
The 'chest' opening in the past has always depended on the quest status of the player that makes the game, not the one who finally kills the countess. I doubt that has been changed in v1.10.
Must of been merc, maybe this could work for some of the other quests?

And yes, it was hell :D

cheers,

Kier

Hail,

I gave it a try today; I had completed the quest before, now I let my merc take the final blow and also let her (Act I Rogue) kill the Countess all by herself. The chest didn't open. I was on Normal Difficulty, but as I see it, what happened to you, kier, must really have been kinda buggy.

Greetings,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Actually, I believe that it is if you yourself haven't killed the Countess, but allow your merc to kill her. So, if you start a new char, and let your Rogue Merc get the killing blow, then you may be able to kill her repeatedly to get the chest open. I think I remember hearing about this in the beta (invents new word) whatwith (:P) the uber-drop for the first time you kill a boss..
could of been, i had an act1 merc through the game until act5 norm when i upgraded to my current tank, ulric i think hes called, act5 barb. Pretty nice stuff, eth honour colousus sword, shaft with ed jewel and an areats. Ah well, 1.10 is very buggy and slow on europe servers. Is it the same on the US?

Kier

Hi Kier,

nice gear... :D

As for the servers: I'm currently on USEast. The first days when 1.10 came out, it was pretty bad. My connection would close like every 15 minutes at some times, also lost a HC Ladder Pally to lag. So went all hope with achieving something on the ladder...
Anyway, for the last two, three days, it has been much better on USEast, I didn't have exceptional lag problems (except the usual stuff, but I can live with that).

Greetings,
Lord_Olf
Obi1.10Kenobi,Nov 4 2003, 02:34 AM Wrote:(invents new word) whatwith
That is correct, if you separate it into two words:

Quote:what with
Taking into consideration; because of: “I've often wondered why some good crime writer... hasn't taken up with New Orleans, what with its special raffishness, its peculiar flavor of bonhomie and a slightly suspect charm” (Walker Percy).