Guilded add-on
I was tipped off to an addon which could very seriously help make the Lurkers/CA alliance a little stronger, as well as make it easier for our guilds to communicate and form groups.

It's called Guilded. What it does is allow you to bind itself to a key, and when you toggle it it brings up a window very much like your normal social window -- but everyone who's in the channel you configure it to join will show up, just like in the normal guild tab. It also comes with a /ga chat function which sends a message to everyone in the channel, acting as an alliance channel for our purposes.

Of course, for it to be effective, people would have to use it, and I know people are twitchy about even more add-ons. Still... I think there's a lot of benefit, so if people will use it, that'd be awesome.

Download from Curse (version 0.11)

A couple of things...

When you first install it, it will disable itself because it's not configured right. You'll have to do the following:

Go to the main WoW menu -> key bindings and assign a key of your choice for the GUI
Open the GUI and go to the config tag, and set "Channel Name" to calurkersga, "Min Channel Num" to 1. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE "Advertise Professions" CHECK BOX. We discovered that it causes massive lag for everyone on the channel. (Not going to worry about password unless a problem ensues.) Then click accept.

After that, any time you use the key you bound, the window will pop and anyone else using the addon who's in the channel will show up, and anytime you /ga text, everyone will see it.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
DL'd it, set it up for all my stormrage characters before the servers were taken down this morning. At least there's a channel I now autojoin besides the default ones. ;)

Edit: There's also WTS, WTB and stock tabs under the traders main tab. Could come in quite handy. :)

Edit2: This now brings my addon total to four. /cry The bloat! The horrors! ;) Of course, I could always just dump recap again since I only ever look at the numbers when I'm duoing with GG. :)
Intolerant monkey.
I shall download this as well, because I'm cool like that. Garrin, if you read this... you download it to.. ::nod:: Jerk. :)
Will DL and install asap.

Edit: I urge all Lurkers to follow suit on this to help foster communication with our Allied...um...Alliance guilds. :blush:
Darian,Jul 26 2005, 12:33 AM Wrote:I was tipped off to an addon which could very seriously help make the Lurkers/CA alliance a little stronger, as well as make it easier for our guilds to communicate and form groups.

It's called Guilded.  What it does is allow you to bind itself to a key, and when you toggle it it brings up a window very much like your normal social window -- but everyone who's in the channel you configure it to join will show up, just like in the normal guild tab.  It also comes with a /ga chat function which sends a message to everyone in the channel, acting as an alliance channel for our purposes.

Of course, for it to be effective, people would have to use it, and I know people are twitchy about even more add-ons.  Still... I think there's a lot of benefit, so if people will use it, that'd be awesome.

Download from Curse  (version 0.11)

A couple of things...

When you first install it, it will disable itself because it's not configured right.  You'll have to do the following:

Go to the main WoW menu -> key bindings and assign a key of your choice for the GUI
Open the GUI and go to the config tag, and set "Channel Name" to calurkersga, "Min Channel Num" to 1, and, if you want to advertise your professions, click that check box.  (Not going to worry about password unless a problem ensues.)  Then click accept.

After that, any time you use the key you bound, the window will pop and anyone else using the addon who's in the channel will show up, and anytime you /ga text, everyone will see it.
[right][snapback]84319[/snapback][/right]

I've got it now as well. I really likes the idea of this since there are quite a few lurkers who aren't in <Lurkers> and because I likes the CA folks. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Since Stormrage is down, I can't do anything with this there. But I've downloaded it, and played around with it's configuring and whatnot on Terenas. When SR is back up, I'll be there on this.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Jul 26 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Since Stormrage is down, I can't do anything with this there. But I've downloaded it, and played around with it's configuring and whatnot on Terenas. When SR is back up, I'll be there on this.
[right][snapback]84417[/snapback][/right]

I have just been doing likewise with my brother on Terenas. It seems like it will be a very useful addon but it will only reach its full potential if everyone gets it; so what are you waiting for? :P
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Pesmerga,Jul 26 2005, 07:24 AM Wrote:"Miodvitnir - 60 Dwarf Hunter (6/8 Beaststalker Armor,"
[right][snapback]84341[/snapback][/right]

*Steals your shoulders, bringing Mirajj up to 6 pieces, and Miodvitnir back to 5* Hah! ;)
Mirajj,Jul 26 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:*Steals your shoulders, bringing Mirajj up to 6 pieces, and Miodvitnir back to 5* Hah! ;)
[right][snapback]84420[/snapback][/right]
Ha! I don't have the shoulders! So there!

I need them and the Helm. :P
I have it set-up. It rocks. This is the first add-on that I could see requiring people to have. If we all get it guild chat can pretty much be replaced.

The wanted to sell/buy is very nice, be a nice way to advertise profession stuff and help move around stuff that you don't need but someone else will. The search for that is case sensative though.

I likes it very much.
---
Pesmerga,Jul 26 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:Ha! I don't have the shoulders! So there!

I need them and the Helm. :P
[right][snapback]84422[/snapback][/right]

*Lissanna hides the hat and shoulders in the vault* :whistling:

Move along, nothing to see here... :shuriken:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jul 26 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:*Lissanna hides the hat and shoulders in the vault*&nbsp; :whistling:

Move along, nothing to see here...&nbsp; :shuriken:
[right][snapback]84440[/snapback][/right]

The funniest thing is that you've found the 2 pieces that Mio needs, and 2 of the 3 that I need.... :ph34r:
Darian,Jul 26 2005, 01:33 AM Wrote:PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE "Advertise Professions" CHECK BOX.&nbsp; We discovered that it causes massive lag for everyone on the channel.
[right][snapback]84319[/snapback][/right]

Also don't use stock to set up WTS/WTB. This also slows down the game for people.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jul 26 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:Also don't use stock to set up WTS/WTB.&nbsp; This also slows down the game for people.
[right][snapback]84450[/snapback][/right]

Yar. Those features are very cool and when there weren't a lot of people one or coming on or going offline it was fine and very nifty. But many of us were having problems in instances and it was noted that it coincided with people coming on line. After people cleared the professions and the stock/wtb/wts things got much better. It's still really cool to get to chat in game easily with CA now though.
---
Lissa,Jul 26 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:*Lissanna hides the hat and shoulders in the vault*&nbsp; :whistling:

Move along, nothing to see here...&nbsp; :shuriken:
[right][snapback]84440[/snapback][/right]

::tries to distract Lissa with a pie to get into the vault::

::whispers:: if this doesn't work... Marneus will have to attack...
Pesmerga,Jul 26 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:::tries to distract Lissa with a pie to get into the vault::

::whispers:: if this doesn't work... Marneus will have to attack...
[right][snapback]84461[/snapback][/right]

*sicks Fluffy and Ehecatl on Marneus and watches Marneus die to scaley fury*

What was that again?
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jul 27 2005, 01:35 PM Wrote:*sicks Fluffy and Ehecatl on Marneus and watches Marneus die to scaley fury*

What was that again?
[right][snapback]84500[/snapback][/right]

::goes to sleep instead of trying, because trying < sleep::
Treesh,Jul 26 2005, 07:01 AM Wrote:This now brings my addon total to four.&nbsp; /cry&nbsp; The bloat!&nbsp; The horrors! ;)

Heh. You and I are polar opposites in regards to addons. I just recently bumped the memory reserved for my UI from 64MB to 128MB to handle all of them. :-)

Mirajj,Jul 26 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:The funniest thing is that you've found the 2 pieces that Mio needs, and 2 of the 3 that I need....&nbsp; :ph34r:
[right][snapback]84449[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r: *hides the receipts for vendoring every piece of beast-stalker gear around*

Good thing they're horde receipts! Not good at alliance vendors.
Drasca,Jul 27 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote::ph34r: *hides the receipts for vendoring every piece of beast-stalker gear around*

Good thing they're horde receipts! Not good at alliance vendors.
[right][snapback]84523[/snapback][/right]

See, I don't have a problem with this, because I well understand the concept of "BoP". ;) I've been on my fair share of raids where some other classes set piece dropped, and it ended up getting vendored or melted because there was either no one of that class in the party, or those people had it.

But it does hurt when after X amount of runs to (insert instance here) I hear about a friend who found what I was looking for last time, and DE'ed it, as there were no hunters around... ;)