Concerning Uniques and 1.10
I am lucky enough to have a 1.08 Lightsabre on USEeast. I was in a cow game, picking up wands, orbs, scepters, etc. for gold, some guy(who I will call 1337ist), in his most cliche'd B.net voice:
L33tist: wuw 4 ure .08 sabrre
Me: Not for trade, sorry. You mind speaking English, please?
L33tist: it will b deleted in teh pattch, wuw 4 it
...... and then he spams this about 50 times, filling up the screen and getting me killed.
Now i got my corpse and left the game, but this got me thinking:
In the new patch, there will be new uniques, correct?
...And currently, there are no Unique Elegant Blades.
But if they add one in the 1.10 patch, then what happens to this Unique Elegant Blade? Will it be replaced with the new one? Deleted? I really couldn't think of a plausable way to get this explained. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

Also, i guess this would apply to the 1.08 Stormspire (Used to be an Archon Staff, now Giant Thresher) and Stormshield (Used to be Ageis, now a Monarch. Although these are so duped whatever happens to these won't matter, IMHO)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Why can't there be several Uniques of the same base type? This already occurs with Rings and Amulets, so why not with other base items?

I don't see why your Unique Elegant Blade would need to be deleted, but then again I'm just guessing here.

-DeeBye
But LightSabre is a Phase Blade....not an Elegant Blade...

They'll probably be making elite uniques for base items that there are currently no uniques for. But as DeeBye said, there's no reason why there can't be multiple uniques of the same base type.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
I doubt you'll lose it via the 1.10 patch, Dozer.

-- [Image: ~nicodemusttlewolf.gif]
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Heh, I really didn't think about that..... Rings and amuets aren't different like that? Hmmm.... well thanks guys
There are some set items of the same type, so it shouldn't matter ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
i dont think that there are multiple sets of the same base item...

anyway, can someone supply me with a screenshot of a 08 ls? i would really appreaciate it
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
chunkylover53ataol,Mar 21 2003, 04:07 PM Wrote:i dont think that there are multiple sets of the same base item...

Iratha's set ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Items are no longer recreated for every game. Instead items are saved with all their stats. That mean that changes to some item properties. like that of a unique item, will only affect new ones, not old. That is also why some hacked items does not morph back so to speak in new games.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Here:

[Image: 1915090.jpg]
Hmm, the picture of the new Phase Blade version looks EXACTLY like the Azurewrath.
Dude, why does the image of Hexfire carry the stats. of Lightsabre??

You should be able to keep ur Lightsabre in 1.10, though there might be some new collectibles along the lines of elite items, or different kinds of uniques in terms of base items . (They should make a replacement for Treads of Cthon, i really don't like those boots....)
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Hail Springheeled Jack,

If you reread the thread from the very start, you'll find the answer to your question: that is what a 1.08 Lightsaber looks like.

As for Treads, I don't see why they should change such a nice item as them: they are quite nice boots, and being only of Normal Quality they should not be anything more than that.

EDIT: Freudian slip? Who knows ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.