Need advice for poor man's Blade Fury Assassin
If you aren't going claw you really need the AR from angelic ring + amulet or armor. Nothing else even comes close.

For this build I would almost say tank dex and get used to wearing 2 angelic rings and armor or amulet. Another good if expensive choice is Atmas Scarab which gives a 20% AR bonus and has the groovy chance to cast Amp. I'm not pos but I'm pretty sure that each individual blade of the fury has the chance to cast amp so you can rely on it going off. My math might be a bit off but that 5% comes out to roughly a 50% chance to cast over the course of a second assuming ever blade hits.

You don't really need + skills since you won't rely on the damage from skills. + skills is actually a detriment to both the blade fury and cloak of shadows skills. I would say cloak is the best defensive skill in the game for a 1 point investment. Dim vision is better only after about 15 skill points. Psionic blast is a worthy 1 point investment to break up crowds and take the heat off of your might merc. Or you have the points to invest 20 points in psionic blast and rely on it as yet another pvm crowd controller.

Speaking of mercs a cold mage will serve you well through nightmare even though he clashes with your use of death sentry. My BF assassin kept his cold merc until act 4 hell when I just stopped doing enough damage.

This build is super fun and is defensive enough to be hardcore survivable I highly recommend it.
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.

Messages In This Thread
Need advice for poor man's Blade Fury Assassin - by arrunique - 02-25-2004, 12:20 PM