Need advice for poor man's Blade Fury Assassin
Well, I'm playing a BF Assassin and I've enjoyed it a lot. She's now L84 in Act IV Hell. I'm playing HC, untwinked, and 2claw. I'd have some doubts about her ability to contribute meaningfully in high player-count game, but if you're capable of twinking some I don't think there'd be a problem. I think this is especially true for the "Other 1-handed weapon/Shield" option that you're leaning towards. (One quibble: "2H Weapon" is far, far more problematic in terms of resists than "Claw/Claw" because of the ability of Weapon Block to deflect elemental attacks. End of quibble.)

Skills- You sound like you've done you're studying, so I'll just point out some other possibilities. You really don't have to have maxed Fade, SM, or Venom. They can all be prebuffed to functional levels with 2 Shadow claws on switch. Fade especially I think is a waste to max despite the 1%DR/lvl. If you're not worried about Claw Mastery, you'll potentially have a lot of points to work with outside of the quasi-standard build. You easily could get a decent Lightning Sentry. You could go hybrid MA--especially kicker.

Equipment- You're absolutely right about AR. Some words you've probably heard: Demon Limb, partial Angelic Set, ITD, -def/eth runes, Fool's prefix. Some other good mods for BF besides Crushing Blow include Knockback, Slows Target, CtC on Strike, Open Wounds/PMH, Freeze, and Mana Leech. I'm sure you've come across the Crescent Moon, Fleshripper, Stormlash, blah blah blah recommendations. My own blah^3 plug is Malice for low-to-mid levels. It's a lot better than its ED% indicates, and my Assassin used a Malice claw through Act I Hell. And best of all, you actually will find the materials for it.

Best of luck. I'd enjoy hearing how you progress.

Messages In This Thread
Need advice for poor man's Blade Fury Assassin - by bigeyedbug - 02-24-2004, 04:05 AM