tech. query: mlvl of SU minions?
adeyke,Jan 7 2004, 05:02 AM Wrote:If one of the following conditions is true:
(snip...)

Thanks much.

I've cut 'n pasted this clear and succinct answer into my crib notes.

edit: of course, events have now provided related questions...

So I'm doing various Pindle/norm, Pindle/nm, Stony Field/Mausoleum nm runs (slaughter fests) looking for white flails. The first I see is ethereal (no go, as can't repair charges of HotO).

The next is from nm maus, from an Undefiled Grave, and is a "Damaged Flail".

So, a couple questions (since the last answer was almost beautiful in its clarity)...

Would it be roughly correct that any "container" pop, like this, is ~ area_level for ilvl?

I'm sure ethereal and various "low quality" items don't spawn with sockets (apart from "forced" eth uniques with sockets, if such exist). Does LQ affect socketing in any other way? (e.g. a cap on # sockets or something?)

I assume I can't horcube normalize this item before socketing, as ilvl 1 results and gives on 3 max sockets? Looks like I can normalize after though (the cubemain recipe doesn't say "nos" e.g.). Ah, but it rerolls the item and zaps the sockets, doesn't it? Grrr. Well, I suppose there's no harm in a "Damaged" HotO, LOL (as long as you don't hit anything with it, given the reduced durability).

That reminds me that v1.10 release still has set bonus oddities vis a vis death/set breaking that I should test. Sigh.

Recently on trade forum it was observed that none of us can remember seeing a LQ phase blade. Is there some ilvl/qlvl deal going on here where really good base items never show up as LQ?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 03:32 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 04:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 05:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 05:36 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Jarulf - 01-07-2004, 07:52 AM