tech. query: mlvl of SU minions?
adeyke,Jan 7 2004, 04:02 AM Wrote:Superuniques are affected by the level scaling.  They get level + 3.  However, the scaling is only in nightmare/hell.

So, Pindle in normal has level 45 (42 is normal level for Reanimated Horde, +3 for SU).
So this sounds like SUs and monsters marked as "bosses" in the mpqs (as opposed to what "boss" needs in common parlance) use the "old" system, and all others are based on area_level? Or must an additional flag for the area or monster also be set for that effect to occur?

In any event, I'm still left wondering what mlvl Pindle's (normal diff) minions are? are they 45, like Pindle himself?

Although I think ATMA is nifty, by time I was tempted to use it for SP v1.10 was released, and I've played exclusively on the ladder since then, apart from an occasional test... so I don't have an easy way of seeing the ilvl of a drop in SP testing--perhaps an ATMA user could quickly check on a item from one of Pindle's minions and report?

Personally I find it annoying that the game "hides" information about items. The hidden chill duration on the Eye of Etlich, for example, has always annoyed the hell out of me (hehe, is "hell" an allowable LL word, when being used in "swear word" mode?!)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 03:32 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 04:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 05:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 05:36 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Jarulf - 01-07-2004, 07:52 AM