tech. query: mlvl of SU minions?
My impression is that Area Level affects regular bosses/champs and monsters but not SuperUniques (and "bosses" which includes act bosses and some monster types, oddly). For bosses affected by area level, apparently their minions are their level (i.e. area_level +3 for the boss *and* his pack of minions).

Is this correct?

But what of Pindle in normal? The area_level is apparently 32 (Zath info). If Pindle weren't SU I'd expect his minions to be mlvl 35. But as he is SU I'm inclined to believe he is clvl 45 (d2data) and wonder if his minions are also 45?

This makes a difference (aside from being theoretically interesting to me) when one of his minions drops a plain flail (as ivl <40 vs. >40 is diff between a HotO 4 sockets from Larzuk vs. a "useless" 5 sockets).

I'm terribly tempted, whatever the answer, to verify it (blowing a socket quest reward, as I've said many times, isn't a big deal).

I'm also presuming that Larzuk doesn't apply the norm/nm caps of 3/4 on socketing an item based on the difficulty the item dropped in (or is socketed in). Is that also correct?

Feel free to point me to any great socketing FAQ thread (though I've read some of those--iirc some of the questions I ask here aren't necessarily authoritatively/clearly answered in them).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 03:32 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 04:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 05:11 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Crystalion - 01-07-2004, 05:36 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by adeyke - 01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
tech. query: mlvl of SU minions? - by Jarulf - 01-07-2004, 07:52 AM