So.... I guess theres a dupe out /madface
Quote:These people have been interviewed, there was one on Diabloii.net not so long ago and generally their getting fed up is a response to how hard it is to make money doing what they do

That is the best news. If Blizzard could focus on steps they could take to make e-bay sales of DII items, and characters unprofitable, that would go along way in removing the impetus for cheating amongst thousands of the cheating "sheep".

Some of my thoughts on that are; More realms to further fracture the economies (for now), and recycling the ladder in reasonable time periods (like as soon as the first player gets to lvl 99 -- they are the winner and we start over.)

Contributing to the problem, but something I doubt they could do anything about now was the introduction of uber unique items, being so much more powerful than rares. Unique items, are ... well not that unique it seems and so while it was statistically impossible for the v1.09 realms to contain the number of SOJs or Windforces on them, it was also impossible to determine which were legit. With rares it is pretty uncommon for two rares to have identical names and stats. If you did a realm wipe of a particular rare item it would be very unlikely to affect anyone other than the cheaters. So my long winded recommendation would be to nerf uniques some, and improve the way that rares are generated (for hell drops) such that a rare *may* be better than any unique item in the game. Again, though, I see 1.10 as possibly the last big change to LOD, so this would never get implemented and so there will continue to be a demand and a market for uber uniques.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
So.... I guess theres a dupe out /madface - by kandrathe - 12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
So.... I guess theres a dupe out /madface - by Guest - 12-04-2003, 01:21 AM