Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond!
(03-04-2011, 08:09 PM)Frag Wrote: So, I'm having to download the game a third time because their queuing system for accepting upgrades from pre-order to live account was borked... Just had to convince my ISP that my +/- 30 gigs worth of transfer from Trion wasn't anything illegal. Having a good time ingame, but the out-of-game experience is leaving a lot to be desired.

Well I haven't tried to play today (I did last night) and didn't have any issues, I don't anticipate any but my set-up with the pre-order that I got shouldn't have anything to switch over.

Having to download it all new after the beta was a bit annoying, but I do understand that they wanted everyone to start from the same fresh starting point. It wasn't unexpected either since several of the beta events required a complete re-download. Though yeah, they have had some issues with the billing and account activation stuff. Of course I remember some of the month long nightmares that WoW had with that at release too and the complete fiasco that Horizons had with some of that earlier.

It's an improvement but it's still not good. I agree. They are still pretty quick on updates on the forums about what is going on at least.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond! - by Kevin - 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM