More like an interesting feature.
Obi1.10Kenobi,May 25 2003, 09:53 AM Wrote:Ha! That's nothing. The fires on the holder things in act 1 cast shadows.
Ah yes, thank for bringing that to my attention. I fixed it. :D

My necro's Clay Golem gets stuck on his fellow summons entirely too often, doing some kind of rapid jig in place until they move or his intended target dies. Great pathfinding there. Too bad I don't have the knowhow to patch that kind of problem yet. Editing internal TXT and DC6 files are my limit at the moment.

By the way, for those interested in fixing the shadow-casting torches and braziers:

The columns of interest are BA through BH in OBJECTS.TXT. The columns are labeled in sequence from Blockslight0 to Blockslight7. I got rid of the shadows by changing all columns to 0 for the objects in question. I'm not sure what each column pertains to, whether it be light levels or light types or light sources. Some further testing is in order. I think I'll hop on over to Phrozen Keep and see if they decoded these before I go re-inventing the wheel.

(Edit: Go figure, OBJECTS.TXT is one of the files they haven't decoded yet. Once again, I'm on my own. :rolleyes: )

Messages In This Thread
More like an interesting feature. - by Baajikiil - 05-20-2003, 04:22 AM
More like an interesting feature. - by Smoketest - 05-25-2003, 07:07 AM
More like an interesting feature. - by Obi2Kenobi - 05-25-2003, 05:02 PM
More like an interesting feature. - by Smoketest - 05-26-2003, 04:22 AM
More like an interesting feature. - by kier - 06-10-2003, 09:15 AM
More like an interesting feature. - by Sheep - 06-11-2003, 10:53 AM
More like an interesting feature. - by WarBlade - 06-11-2003, 12:40 PM