New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
MongoJerry,Apr 18 2006, 12:56 PM Wrote:I don't think shaman and paladins will be mixed for three reasons:

1.  It would remove an important distinction between the two factions. 

2.  At the same time, while there are differences between paladins and shaman, the two classes were created to fill similar niche roles in parties and raids and have similar powers to one another.

3.  At the same time, now you have two buffer classes whose combined multiplicative effects could wildly unbalance the game. 

No, I really don't see Blizzard doing this.  Could they do it?  Yes.  Do I think they will do it?  No.
[right][snapback]107646[/snapback][/right]

1) /nod

2) I don't know - I think the actual number of people who switched would be pretty low. They are not really any closer in role then locks and mages, or shaman and druids.

3) I don't agree - new 20 and 40 man content could be balanced around assuming both classes are present. Anything less then that and bringing along both means giving up something. You'd have to check stuff to make sure there is nothing unbearably cheesy, but for the most part I think the small stuff is probably going to be OK.

Eventually there will be new classes, weather hero's or something else. The game will have to be balanced around it then.

But I definatly agree that it is very unlikely to happen in the expansion.

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by oldmandennis - 04-18-2006, 10:17 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM