Upgraded item requirements: has anyone
Forget it. I was thinking of upgrading my armor, but I'm wearing the exceptional version and I'm not on th realms, so I can't do the upgrade anyway...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You can use the links in my sig. I know there's a bug and I haven't yet updated to 1.10 final stats, but it should calculate the requirements just fine.

In essence, you first take the maximum of the unique item's level requirement and the new base item's level requirement. Then you add 5 if you used the normal->exceptional recipe and/or 7 if you used the exceptional->elite recipe.
Thanks, but I'm an idiot. The way I read the AS, only ladder characters can pull off the exceptional -> elite transformations, so that leaves me out in the cold...

Shows me not to ask a question before finishing my homework...
Actually... You can upgrade the item.

The exceptional->elite unique (not rare) recipes are "ladder-only," but "ladder-only" means "ladder realms, TCP/IP, SP and open, but not non-ladder realms." So if you're not on the realms at all, it will work.
adeyke,Oct 29 2003, 11:58 AM Wrote:Actually...  You can upgrade the item.

The exceptional->elite unique (not rare) recipes are "ladder-only," but "ladder-only" means "ladder realms, TCP/IP, SP and open, but not non-ladder realms."  So if you're not on the realms at all, it will work.
adeyke is right, I have upgraded some exceptionals myself in single player.
>adeyke is right, I have upgraded some exceptionals myself in single player.

Is this true in 1.1 the live version? My somewhat hazy memory has GFrazier mentioning during the open beta, that "Ladder" does mean Ladder realms, tcp\ip, SPlayer etc. But not non-ladder realms.

Then this piece of confustication comes up in the ASummit.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/ch...ctertypes.shtml

>Only Realm Characters can be Ladder Characters.

What the? I'm now confused.
Only realms characters can be ladder characters because in SP, there's no concept of ladder. However, for purposes of the items and recipes, it has the same things enabled as the ladder games.

Here's a quote from Unique Item Basics:
Quote:(Ladder Only)
This item can only be found by Battle.net Ladder Character as well as Single Player, TCP/IP, and Open Battle.net Characters. It will not be found by Normal Battle.net Realm Characters.
nt
Hammerskjold,Oct 29 2003, 01:36 PM Wrote:What the?  I'm now confused.
You and me both. I'm glad to hear that it might be worth trying, but now I have to come up with Ko and Lem runes... I guess I'll be banging my head against a wall before I can give it a try.

Thanks to all for the good news.