team spirit in 1.10
Ive been playing since 1.10 was released, and there seems to be much more of a cooporative effort now, people staying close and methodically cleaning through acts. And not rushing ahead, since it is suicide. With the exception of the few who havent read the patch change log, and still believes things works like 1.09, and it all about getting to hell and cut up cows ^_^

With things going better, it definitely leaves room for more party oriented builds, since you have to stick tightly together. Like the healer pally with the powerfull holy bolt to heal for around 400 damage at max. Or a cursebitch necro with dim vision especially, which would help greatly with the hordes ahead. Or a static sorc, with maxed energy shield and synergy, tanking and keeping enemies down in health, while the others cut them down.
Hmmm.... I played ladder for quite a while yesterday, and if anything foudn more of the same "me first" attitude... People just leeching experience, grabbing items, and one person went as low as to grab 2,000 gold that I dropped on the ground for my friend nearby, and then left the game.
People are more willing to party play and work through the acts now, just because they have no high lvl characters and cant rush at all yet. I think, unfortunately, this will all change once the ladder is running for a while. Currently most people in public games still do not have a true 'party attitude' and do not share drops or even potions. You would think that when there is only one sorceress in the game and an orb drops you would let her have it? Doesn't seem to be the case.
I have found that public games are now refreshingly polite. Last nite I was in a game, and people actually appreciated my help killing mephisto. Everyone was cooperative and worked together. These people were total strangers.

I enjoy the fact that now my zon gets the respect she deserves. I was never one for PvP, and if i entered a pubbie I would usually get hostiled. Since 1.10, this hasn't happened once. In her full PvM gear, my baby ROCKS.

Duelling in 1.09 with all the hacked crap, was a waste of time for a legit player. I may just try a little duelling now, as I have the necessary gear.
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

As Loki noted, when there are a few more guilds and folks with high level characters, the rush rush will probably get more severe than now when people need each other. That, and the uber builds are not all that well publicized as of yet, though I saw last night a comment on "there are gonna be a lot of Necro Paly teams soon" that I thought had some merit.

The clientele of Bnet has actually changed, unless I badly miss my guess. It is pretty much the same folks, we are must seeing a slightly different scenario for the present, and are in a hack and dupe free zone at present. Given the natural inflation of the bnet economy with items over time, that too will change.

Had some decent pubbie last night, but lag was sorta bad, thus I did not play much. I expect that is from the influx of "1.10 is now released" enthusiasm.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
scavved from D2.net

Quote:Ladder Chars Triumph

One of the first group of Ladder Characters on USEast to beat Hell Baal have mailed in to let us know it's been done.

Very early this morning, a group of 7 couragous, high level ladder people became the first group to kill Baal on Hell Difficulty to earn their final titles. After many trials and hardships, including having the Diablo Clone spawn with Baal's Minions, the team of Aethelwolff, Marton-Stro, RIONs-zonm, Spankage, Shankness, Vxi and Myself (Letah) finally engaded the monster beast in his own lair. After 10 min of hard fighting and only 2 deaths, Baal was vanquished forever, ending his reign of torment.
Zero to Matriarch/Patriarch in just over a day and a half is pretty impressive, with no twinking or turbos. Congrats to everyone.

oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

Unfortunately, I have noted that, although people work together out of necessity, theyre still as item pinching as ever, and as stupid...

5 of us in a corridor of the maggot lair (no, not the forum, the area in act 2) I'm down to 20-ish HP (as a bear druid with no lightning resistance) due to all the dung soldiers... I try to get out of the room full of them, everyone else is blocking me... the idiotic excuse for a sorc keeps blasting them with fireball, resulting in mucho lightning flying at me. I got through 1/2 a belt of pots just trying to stay alive... argh. Actually, I could well have found myself with the kind of sorc to whom team play is a non-term, used to frozen orb-ing anything in sight... at least... that's my theory.

anyway, back to the topic, were ladder characters really intended for those of us who just wanted a cleam economy? or just so some other people could get on the ladder? I'm sure if Blizz had really wanted a totally clean economy, there would have been a realm wipe. The idea was for people to rry to get to the top fastest without any head-starts, and that is what it's done.

-Bob
I guess if we didn't have anything else to do for three days we could all be at the top of the ladder. It's just not that important to me, and is more a measure of (I would say misplaced) dedication rather than of skill. The ladder is something people will commit themselves to, but it is merely a measure of hours played. So far for me, about 4 and I'm having fun.

It will be nice to trade in a clean economy for awhile, and interesting to see how Blizzard deals with the first hacks or dups. I guess that would be more of an indicator to me whether it would be worth it to continue playing. If the ultimate result is a cesspool, then I guess the test is how badly it needs to stink before you climb out.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I have no intention of competing on the ladder. (Well, except for my brief 3 hours of glory) I'm mainly looking for a clean slate. Yes, people are still idiots, but more of the cool people have already started to come back.

Truth is unless you play 24/7 and have a crack leveling squad, you'll never beat those people. But that's fine, Diablo 2 was never really about skill. :P The point of this game right not to me is to have as much fun as possible. The old realm had become too screwed up.

And yes, I'm an item pincher. :( I'm really sorry. I do give people items if I have no use for it.

It's true that many people work together out of neccesity, but hey, at least they are. I haven't had so much fun with D2 on Tuesday since....ever.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I've been amazed at how the players are since 1.10 came out, at least at the top of the USEast ladder anyway.

We ran into the problem of everyone randomly grabbing for anything that dropped from Hell Baal. We were losing players when people got pissed at this snatchingness. So we (credit goes to Sloww_paladin) came up with the idea of what we call DropShare. Each game it's another persons turn with dibs on the drop first. No one picks up anything except that person until the person says he's done with the drop.

But the amazing thing was...EVERYONE AGREED! And it's working out great! We have like the top 20 people on the USEast ladder either wanting in our game or making a game of their own doing the same. It's great!
I remember we used to do that in classic... Although it was more like whoever gets the next rare or unique item instead of drops, because then essentially everything else was useless. =)
Not that I'm a competitve runner but the race is not over. The race is marked by several milestones, completing Hell is one of them, but the real race is to be the first to level 99
Sorry, but i've had bad luck with my (limited) experience so far....

Worst case was when i was a Barb in a 2 player ladder game with a pubbie, going against andariel...
(i'm 99% certain they were an amazon, may have been a sorc though :unsure: )

As you would expect, i'm spending all my time tanking and getting some good hits in on her up close, while she skulks around at the back....

Last 2% of health, she miraculously gets her bottle, and is suddenly standing next to andy as I (yep, me) land the killing blow.

Before i know whats happening, all the drops have been taken, if that wasn't bad enough, she saw fit to decide for me that i would have no use for the rare Jawbone cap that andi dropped.....

Obviously she left the game before i had chance to say anything.......

Let's just say my language at this point went beyind x-rated..... :angry:
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.......
Umm... From what I've seen, won't it be damn-near impossible to hit lvl 99? Seems like the ladders are going to be reset before that happens.

Good riddance too. Constantly cleaning stuff out of the ladders is likely the easiest way to make certain huge economies of dupes and hacked items aren't created. I hope.