Lower Resist -> Magic?
Some of you (hopefully) may recognize the name, and know I have been out of the loop for a very long time.
1.10 has brought me back, and I still wonder about something I have pretty much since the game first shipped.
Does Lower Resist lower magic resistance?
According to the Arreat Summit, it doesn't (they specifically say poison, lightning, fire, and cold).
I'm pretty sure upon reading the list of changes for 1.10 that they said it did, in fact, now lower magic resistance.
Looking through the list of changes now, I do not see that anywhere (nor do I see that Cold Mastery will affect immunes, which I do remember from the 1.10 beta list).
So, whether they say it or not, will Lower Resistance help my Bone spells do more damage?
Devouring souls for fun and profit
No. It won't help your poison either.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
GenericKen,Oct 29 2003, 11:59 PM Wrote:No. It won't help your poison either.
I knew it didn't help magic, but now it doesn't help poison either? That's new.

Soooo.... Now we have a level 30 necromancer spell that is pretty much of no use to him (ignoring the puny damage that Fire Golem and Skeleton Mages can do). Wow. Talk about being shafted.
Eh?

I'm almost completely certain it does still affect poison. It's just conviction that doesn't affect poison resistance.
It does help poison damage. However, if you apply the poison then cast the curse, it won't help you out. But, you can cast Lower Resist, Cast Poison Nova, and then cast decripify and the poison nova will do damage based on the lowered resistance the whole time. However, do to the short duration of some skills (like poison nova), this is an impractical use.