naked sorceress
Reposted from now closed beta thread...

I have a sorceress who is not strong enough to equip her armor without charms. However equipping her armor with the charms shows the armor properly equipped in the game, and the character screen displays the bonuses.

The problem is that she looks naked to other players. Not that she is all that modest, mind you, but she finds this a bit disconcerting. I have tried equipping and unequipping her stuff and moving it around, but when viewed from another computer she is clearly not wearing any clothes.

I have heard of similar bugs before, but in this instance it was *not* the case before the patch. This is something new. Her shield and weapons display fine on the other machine.

Added: I am afraid that server-side her stats are not what I am seeing and that she would be in big trouble should she meet a monster.

Ruvanal, I think, once posted the order in which item attributes were added from the different body parts. It sounds like this kind of problem but with a new twist, since 1.09 her armor was perfectly visable to other players.

Any ideas? Other than dumping hard earned skill points in strength?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Surprise the crap out of pubbies: Kill a critter a naked sorc shouldn't be able to do with your bare hands.

Count all the 'WTF?' you get :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
That is the meaning of Completely Data-Driven.

You as the client have all the
data you need to know to show correctly what you're wearing.

Your peers in the game cannot peek into your inventory to know that your charms give you
the strength to wear that plate, so they decide that you aren't wearing any. Nice, isn't it?

I really do not envy the programmers who had to sort out this mess. And since this is the
last, the final patch, this will never get fixed. I think.

Nevertheless they did a good job.

-Arnulf

PS. No sarcasm was used, or intended in this post. Really!

PPS. Well, maybe a little bit. But it was not intended to harm anyone.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
I think this has more to do with client-server discrepancies.

On the client side your items are put on a certain way, on server another. There exists a lot of those problems which seems weird in an upgrade of the game, but they're also related to lag optimizations (ie less information is sent).
The thing that matters to her though is whether the server thinks she is wearing any armor. It could make a difference.
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=32777
Ah, thanks! Pretty obviously the same problem. I sure wish I could be sure the server sees me the same as I do! Guess the patch QA was done single player. (Joke.)