Assassin queries.
My new ladder Assassin, having recently maxed her primary attack, lightning sentry, is in a quandry. My plan is to devote most all my skill points to lightning sentry, and use Blade Fury to kill lightning immunes. I have toyed with the idea of using blade fury in concert with high level venom, but I am torn between devoting points to venom, shadow master, or synergies. So, is it worthwhile to devote 20 points to venom for use with fury? Or, would my points be better spent in shadow master? Is it folly to put too many points in shadow master, or is maxing it out the way to go?

Also, is a single point in either blade shield or mind blast worthwhile?

I'm afraid that I have precious little experience with Assassins, having never gotten one past level 18 or so before now. But I must say I am having lots of fun with my new one. My lightning sentry is tearing the monsters apart in nightmare so far. But I am a little woried about immunes, as I've mainly been playing alone since Diablo Retail dsf-1 and Strategy Forum are now perpetually abandoned, and I can't bring myself to play pubbies.

Edit: About Blade Fury, is the to hit % static, clvl/mlvl based, or also dependent on dex/AR?
I've got a ladder assn as well (lvl 49 as of thur. nite... in the top 50!). Thanks to the rebalanced game, i've gotten to see several assn builds up close, and in action. I am of course biased toward my own build, but trap-assin does have potential... the drawback seems to be that you will need to invest 80 points in the lightning traps to do anything in hell... and then for lightning immunes, you might be better off finding a lower resists wand than using Blade Fury. BF will require you to max venom, maximize your elemental dmg from worn weapons, and probably carry a thunder maul for phys dmg... so no shield for you! It would work tho... just couldn't max the required skills till very late in the game.

Don't be afraid of pubbies, the game now practically forces group play, which is fun! Ppl are obviously still getting used to this, as some parties seem to rush headlong into any area with no regards, while other (beta players) take it a bit slower and safer.

My assn build (lvl 49)
Dragon Talon: 20
Venom: 20
Burst of Speed: 1
Cloak of Shadows: 1
Fade: 1
Blade Fury: 1
Mind Blast: 1
Shadow Master: 1

I am killing with ease in NM and the build is very fun... I'll probably add points to Lightning sentinel and synergies for some extra dmg, but Talon is my primary attack (ask my why this works :lol: )