Howl bug
My 1.10 ladder Barbarian is currently level 30, and making extensive use of his warcries.

Howl seems to be quite buggy in a wierd way. Once I reached act 5, I noticed certain types of monsters were immune to the Howl effect. The bad part part is that this 'howl immunity' can turn off and on for a given group within the same game. For a couple minutes I'll be able to Howl Maulers, and for the next couple minutes they'll be immune. Some monsters such as Moon Lords are always immune. Its very frustrating. Did none of Blizzard's testers use Howl? Its an awesome skill, but this bugginess makes it very hard to utilize.

While I was playing through the caverns area of act 5, I noticed that the Frozen Creeper's Arctic Blast was doing a lot of damage to my Barbarian, who had lousy cold resists. I then discovered that taunting those monsters forced them to melee my character rather than freeze him. This seems to work for any monster that has both a melee and a missile attack.

Defilers cannot be taunted.

When you Taunt Imps and Flayers, they will often run to you and go through their attack animation, but then the Taunt seems to lose effect and they wander off with the pretty bubbles still dancing over their heads.
Taunt's always worked like that. You can re-set it by going to a different act. Generally it works best if the monsters have a clear path to you

The Howl thing is new and does sound disappointing. I used a Howl Barb right through the game in 1.09 and it was 100% reliable. Could you keep us posted on anything else you find out please?
My recollection is that howl was always dependent on level of the target in relation to you.
If you're way below the monster level it would lose effectiveness. This is how it was in 1.09. If you managed
to get a character around 85+ in previous patch you practically guaranteed it would work.
Don't know if all that went out the window with 1.10 or not,
One of the prerequisites for Howl to work has always been clvl+slvl>=mlvl. Normal Moon Lords are of mlvl 33, so if the Howl slvl of your clvl 30 Barbarian is less than 3, than you would not be able to affect these Moon Lords at all. Unique and champion monsters are always immune to Howl. Oblivion Knights and Putrid Defiler class monsters are classified as champions by the game in this case, so they will always be immune to Howl as well.
Good catch :)
Thanks for the explanation! My barb is using level 5 Howl, so that may explain the problem I've been having in act 1.
I just ran through the hell Worldstone Keep three times with a twinked up 99th level test barbarian who had a level 20 Howl. I couldn't find any monsters that didn't react to the Howl other than the usual suspects (champions, bosses, OK's, etc.). That gives more credence to the whole level difference thing explaining what you saw.