Favorite/Best finds
Beyond Naked Rogues
are just BNM's in drag. All of the rules that apply to Beyond Naked Mages apply to BNR's. The only exception is that Beyond Naked Rogues are allowed to use whatever Bow they choose. This reason behind this is that while a BNM is saddled with cursed gear, he still has his most potent weapon...his magic. With that in mind, a Rogues main attack is the bow and therefore a magic bow is acceptable...

These are the rules from RBD, but since the BNW are allowed to use whatever weapon they choose, I guess a warrior-wanabe BNR could use a meele weapon, it only adds challenge since she won't have any fast block....
Quote:Beyond Naked Rogues
are just BNM's in drag. All of the rules that apply to Beyond Naked Mages apply to BNR's. The only exception is that Beyond Naked Rogues are allowed to use whatever Bow they choose. This reason behind this is that while a BNM is saddled with cursed gear, he still has his most potent weapon...his magic. With that in mind, a Rogues main attack is the bow and therefore a magic bow is acceptable...

These are the rules from RBD, but since the BNW are allowed to use whatever weapon they choose, I guess a warrior-wanabe BNR could use a meele weapon, it only adds challenge since she won't have any fast block....

hmm... I guess I'm not remembering correctly then. A BNR with a CC would still be entertaining though :)
I personally feel that keeping with the spirit of the variant is fine. It is nothing but very painful to use only cursed weapons with anything other than a BNM.

Not to mention the original rules for the BNx were written before the hell AC bug was fixed as well (I can't remember if they were updated "officially" at the Asylum).

Selby
Not to mention the original rules for the BNx were written before the hell AC bug was fixed as well

Of course, they were also written before the hell AC bug was discovered....
Nystul,Dec 4 2003, 05:26 PM Wrote:Of course, they were also written before the hell AC bug was discovered....
You knew what I meant! =)

Selby
King's Bastard Sword of Speed
100/174
Oh yah. =)

Obsidian/Zodiac Ring
37/20

Dragon/Zodiac Amulet
56/20

Dragon/Zodiac Amulet
59/19

Obsidian/Zodiac Ring
35/20

Drake/Zodiac Ring
49/20

Drake/Zodiac Ring
45/20

Awesome FPM Harmony
72 base 136%

Obsidian/Tiger Tower Shield
19 base 40/50

Awesome/Tiger Shield
20 base 149/50

Obsidian/Stars chainmail
38/11

Obsidian/Harmony cloak

Obsidian/Mammoth helm
37/77

Obsidian/mammoth cloak
38/77

Brutal/Swiftness shortwar bow

Obsidian/heavens short war bow
38/14

Obsidian/Titans ring
40/28

Gold/Perfection ring
29/29

Gold/heavens amulet
23/14

Ruby/Whale armor
59/100

King/speed axe (the 10-25 variant)
100/158

Strange/haste basty

Lightning/haste basty

Lightning/speed twohanded sword

Strange/thunder short battle bow

Obsidian/Absorption shield (shield of choice for my arty right now)

A plethora of +mana/+magic jewels that caused me to start playing sorceror
"Hi."
Ok, you play way too much! :P

Good job on those finds!
The first TFoS I found, I was so proud - and so pyst when someone swiped it after I died, having owned it for a grand total of ten minutes...

Windforce was the first thing Lazarus dropped for me after my long hiatus. For a Rogue, no less. (I have a bad habit of finding the 1337est items with the chars least able to use them.) The second was NLP. She also sports jewelry and a crown of the Zodiac, so she effectively has stats of a char twice her level. Vaire is now the level 25-odd Queen of 1337.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Hehe... I just got my first TFoS off of one of the zombie uniques on dlvl 3. :D
Reality is the greatest illusion of all.
Dragon's Amulet of the Zodiac: +59 +20.

Nothing else I've ever found in D1 even comes close to that.

Oddly, I've never found a King's Bastard Sword of Haste.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
My rarest find would be a Deadly Hunter in Single Player...but unfortunately the character got deleted long ago. Only a screenshot is left :(

I've been playing Diablo since the pre-release Demo in late 1996 and my first KSoH was bought yesterday. Unbelieveable. 88/169 Bastard Sword.

I'm still looking for a HoS...no luck yet.

And I'm always pretty short on Zodiac Items.
Got a perfect 20 Zod (no prefix) on my Rogue and a Drag Zod on my SP Warrior.

But in general I never found really good items in seven years of Diablo.
:lol: The best items I have ever found were Obs/Zod ammy perf and a Massive+108%/Heavens 14+all lwb. They are both on my rogue, and I'm still playing today on useast.

Edit: Fixed formatting. -Lem
LIFES A BITCH LIVE WIT IT
Quote:a crown of the Zodiac

I wish I could have found one of those. :P
Sir_Die_alot,Mar 8 2004, 01:18 PM Wrote:I wish I could have found one of those.  :P
Bah, that's peanuts to my Lightforge helm. Why bother with a crown of the Zodiac?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
My bestest friend...my precious

One ring to rule them all...

Muahahahahaha

-Das

PS. Come to think of it... it really is like the "one ring." eeeriie :P

---
Edit: Oh for those who don't know. It's the Constricting Ring. And a BIG hello to all new forum members and those i know!! From a fellow forum lurker myself! :)
Lady Vashj,Mar 6 2004, 11:50 PM Wrote:Windforce was the first thing Lazarus dropped for me after my long hiatus.  For a Rogue, no less.  (I have a bad habit of finding the 1337est items with the chars least able to use them.)
In all the time I played Diablo, I found one Windforce, dropped by Lazarus...

For my Sorcerer.

In Single Player.

Talk about painful...

That's one of the main reasons I now play D2LoD on bnet: When I find something useful for one of my characters in another class, I can get the item to that character.
Zyr

I found that too, another Laz drop. Never used it, though. I already had max resists when I found it, and the hell I was going to take on that life drain just so I could say I had it.

EDIT: I mean the Constricting Ring. Apparently I hit Reply instead of Quote.

EDIT2: I got carried away with my descriptions. The jewelry is of the Zodiac. The crown is only of the Heavens.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Quote:The crown is only of the Heavens.

Max +All affix on helms is Stars.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Not the best, but one of the first, good jewels I found (off an azure drake on lvl 15): an obs/stars amulet (39% res all/+11 to all). I still have a soft spot for it in my heart. Somehow good amulets always seemed easier to find than good rings, and +20 plain zods seemed to be more common than they should. Then there was the teleport book that one of Laz's witches dropped for my LoL rogue. The only time I was glad to see a spell book drop.
WTF?! I swear, I have a crown of the heavens...

I got a burned copy of Diablo from a friend; I might ask him if he tampered with the source code first. The char is SP, so I wouldn't have noticed not being able to log on to Bnet. I would take a screenie, but referring back to the Mighty Morphin' Mana Potion thread, all screenies I take of Diablo come out looking like a bad acid trip.