v1.10 magical modifiers in rare items
Just wondering if some of the magical modifiers for the rare items have changed in v1.10 as compared to v1.09?

I just downloaded v1.10 and played Single Player using an old character.

I seem to notice that the chance of rare items is higher in v1.10 if you kill the unique monsters/bosses (I think it was hell difficulty) -- I often get 1 or 2 rare items for every unique monster/boss (the chance seemed lower when I was playing v1.09d).

1) Anyway, I managed to get a rare weapon and it had +1-160 lightning damage. Previously (in v1.09), I noted that the "of storms" magical modifier (+6-120 lightning damage max) can also appear on rare items but not the other "+ lightning damage" prefixes. So I was wondering --> either v1.10 upped the damage range of "of storms" so that it can now have +1-160 lightning damage, OR it's now possible to get "static" magic prefixes on rare items?

2) Next, I also found a rare mighty scepter and it had +203% enhanced damage on it. Previously (v1.09), the highest +% enhanced damage that could be found on a rare item was +200% ED -- and that occurs only if it rolled both perfect "merciless" (+100% ED) and perfect "king's" (+100% ED) on that rare item. So, I was wondering how it manage to get "+203% ED" on the rare item in v1.10? Either they upped the +% ED on merciless/king's or the other higher +%ED magic modifiers (like the magic-only modifier "ferocious") can now appear on rares?

3) not related to rare items: I notice that the calculation of weapon damage (+%ED) is somewhat changed compared to previous versions (v1.09 and earlier) -- whereas previously, the +%ED modifiers work this way:

let's say a weapon has mindmg-maxdmg weapon damage range
the %ED (in v1.09 and earlier was:

(mindmg+1) *(1+%ED)
(maxdmg+1)*(1+%ED)

In v1.10, it now seems to be simply:

(mindmg)*(1+%ED)
(maxdmg)*(1+%ED)

It seems to affect the weapon damage of old (ie. found pre-v1.10) and new (v1.10) items. Eg a flail has 1-24 base dmg.
If you find a +50%ED flail, it's weapon damage

in v1.09 = (1+1)*(1.5) = 3 to (24+1)*(1.5)=37.5 (I forgot if this was rounded up to 38) ==> 3-38 dmg
in v1.10 = 1*1.5 = 1.5 (2?) to 24*1.5=36 ==> 2-36 dmg (or 1-36 dmg?)
For a list of all changes to affixes between 1.09 and 1.10s and then to 1.10 final, refer to this AB post. They rare-enabled a whole lot of magic-only damage affixes on weapons. You can possibly get 450% ED (cruel + master's) on a rare.

The damage thing was known for some time. *points to weapon damage calculator link in sig*. Damage is rounded down, so your flail would have 3-37 in 1.09 and 1-36 in 1.10.
450% ED, that's quite phenomenal (how about cruel + grandmasters = 500% ED?)

No wonder they now calculated the damage thing without the +1 (wouldn't affect high-damage weapons much anyway...)

~~~~~~

I suppose I have to visit the Amazon Basin for more info, in addition to the LL then...
Grandmaster's is still magic-only.

You could, however, get 60% ED from a craft in addition to the 450% ED from affixes, for 510%. If you also had the Mechanist's prefix for two sockets and added dual Ohms, you'd get 610%. OTOH, the chances of actually getting all of that are practically non-existant.

I'm actually not sure why they removed the +1. Even on the above highest theoretical ED weapon, it'd only give +7 min and max, which is quite insignificant. I do think the math looks nicer without the +1, but that seems like an odd reason to change it, especially as the +1 defense on armours is still there.

I suppose you'll have to do that. I find myself linking to a lot of AB threads here and LL threads there.