Townkill warning
There's a warning on diabloii.net's front page, saying:

Quote:There is a new, confirmed method for townkilling that works for Assassins only, on the realms. You'll want to be very careful about any Assassins who are standing just outside of town, since that's the place they have to be to kill you. Stay off the screen and leave town by waypoints and you can avoid this. Blizzard knows about the bug and will hopefully patch it shortly.

Be careful out there, fellow hardcorers!
Quote:Be careful out there, fellow hardcorers!

I've not seen it myself(yet), but I've been told about it. I heard that it involves "a well placed mindblast" and a shadowmaster.
I think that you are much better safe than sorry, so best to take their advice.
Thanks for the heads up.
Holy crap this is terrible. Better hope it's fixed. And to think I'll have to stop playing pubbie HC again. :(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I've been wondering about this for a while, but never really had a place to post it: Barbarians can whirlwind into town, if they start outside. Will this actually do damage to hostile players in town? Seems like a whirlwind from a high level barbarian could be a one hit-kill. It. may be something else we need to avoid.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
My memory is rusty, but I remember charging people in town (from the border) and never doing any damage. I think it just haven't been turned off for pets.
Aint that sweet. I guess I will keep my assassin off of realms for a while to avoid being called a PKer as soon as I enter an HC game. Sigh.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Just don't hang outside the gates like a harlot then, Occhi ;)

Best thing you can do is be honest. Leave via waypoints, never go hostile unless necessary, the usual kind of stuff.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Nov 5 2003, 08:53 AM Wrote:never go hostile unless necessary
It is never necessary to go hostile, it always seems to me a rather self-indulgent thing to do
I killed a Paladin who had set me up for an MK. Did not even bother to pick up his ear. This was about a year and a half ago.

I don't intend to do hostile in HC again.

As to my assassin's harlotry, heck, how's a girl in leather supposed to attract customers these days? :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I once went hostile to wake up my friend. :) No, I did not attack him.

Besides that, I never went hostile besides when I duel with friends.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
The Arreat Summit @ November 7 Wrote:Battle.net Realm Update
Assassin's Shadow Master Skill: We have implemented a change that will prevent the Assassin's Shadow Master from attacking in town. Previously, the Shadow Master was able to be cast on the edge of town and continue to attack PvP opponents in town. This has been corrected.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu