Does the ACCELERATOR work?
With the laggy Realm play I've been wondering if A101.exe, the accelerator will work without triggering whatever crazy anti-hack stuff Bliz has deployed. I'll try it myself in a couple of days if no one else knows and report back (I've got a couple of ladder uniques that I'd like to keep around).
As far as I know, FoxBat's D2 Accelerator's official page is at the SevenLances site, http://www.sevenlances.com/modules.php?op=...artid=84&page=1

That page doesn't seem to indicate that 1.10 is supported (yet).
I too have been dependent on this utility to make D2 playable.

In its current form it does not work for v1.10. You arrive in a town devoid of NPC's surrounded by a wilderness devoid of monsters, although the chests can be popped and the waypoints activated.

FoxBat has indicated that updating the Accelerator is on his 'to do' list after he updates 7 Lances.

I expect that he will make an announcement here when he does get it finished, as he knows that there are many here who used it.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Ferengi,Nov 4 2003, 02:19 AM Wrote:With the laggy Realm play I've been wondering if A101.exe, the accelerator will work without triggering whatever crazy anti-hack stuff Bliz has deployed.
A former Blizzard employee has stated here that Foxbat's accelerator is not considered a hack.

Edit: Didn't look right the first time.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:A former Blizzard employee has stated here that Foxbat's accelerator is not considered a hack.

Thats pretty interesting. Makes you wonder if mousepads tool were limited to customizing item type color if they would have called it a hack. If so I sure wish there was such a thing. Its damn tedious searching packs of white items for gems and runes. They really should have identified them differently as they are a significant part of the game .. particulary now in ladder play.
Quote:Thats pretty interesting. Makes you wonder if mousepads tool were limited to customizing item type color if they would have called it a hack. If so I sure wish there was such a thing. Its damn tedious searching packs of white items for gems and runes. They really should have identified them differently as they are a significant part of the game .. particulary now in ladder play.

If one is so inclined the whole game of Diablo 2 can be considered "tedious". Gems and runes were kept white to reward those players who played with the most attention to detail. I'm getting the impression that there are folks who wish to receive all the rewards of the game without dispensing any effort!

From reading this forum, it should be clear to most people that the people who enjoy D2 the most are those who reveal in the details of the games. It would also appear that they are the ones who are most successful, i.e., they level fastest, know how to acquire the "best" items, die the least, etc. etc.
NinjaRooster,Nov 4 2003, 03:56 PM Wrote:If one is so inclined the whole game of Diablo 2 can be considered "tedious".  Gems and runes were kept white to reward those players who played with the most attention to detail.  I'm getting the impression that there are folks who wish to receive all the rewards of the game without dispensing any effort!

From reading this forum, it should be clear to most people that the people who enjoy D2 the most are those who reveal in the details of the games.  It would also appear that they are the ones who are most successful, i.e., they level fastest, know how to acquire the "best" items, die the least, etc. etc.
Then why color uniques gold, sets green, rares yellow, crafts orange, and magical items blue? Why not make anything with a magical aura BLUE and make it so the player has to actually pick up the item and identify it to know what it is (like in Dungeons and Dragons... and most RPG's) ? Because blizzard color cordinated their items, it seems only logical that Runes should be a different color as should Charms and maybe even gems.

Seems to that Blizzard was too lazy to code it in, not as you put it, the player is too lazy to search for the items. Other wise, why the complex color code as it is now? Makes no sense to have so many colored items but not charms, runes, or gems. At the very least, charms should be purple and runes green.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin