Wierdest thing with leap attack earlier...
Was in a game where I simply couldn't use it. shift-attack, alt-attack, target-attack, none of em let me.

I joined another and it was perfectly fine. Wierd.

I think I may have thrown it off with a shift-click I did.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
I've encountered this bug as well. I believe leap attack stops functioning when a monster interupts your attack. Everytime leap attack has broken its because a monster stunned me before I could finish my leap. Leaving the game and rejoining seems to fix the problem. Swarmalicious didn't mention anything about this bug in his leap attack Barb guide, so I can only assume this is a new "feature". Blech!
Just a quick note...this also happens with paladins charge. Gets annoying that I cant attack until I quit the game.
I've heard of this happening, and It worries me because right now I'm building a Leaping Barb, and this could really screw me. I've not to encounter it yet, but over at the AB, someone said they fixed it with a weapon switch. If you're in classic D2, it looks like quitting is your only choice. :(
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
This is beginning to look very disappointing. Without knowing exactly what went on during the test of the final version of 1.10 and knowing just how difficult bug-hunting can be, it appears that Blizzard is capable of keeping D2 reasonably bug-free without public testing of the patches.

Seems a new bug, poor design, and errors are discovered every other day!!!

Additionally, without actual my own play experience of 1.10, the new, improved drop-rates seem overly improved. What do you say?
Does anyone have any more info on the leap bug?

Does the weapon switch thing work?

I have a leaper I'm working on, and I might just make him into a frenzy barb if leap is hopelessly busted :( .
This is what the whole "Zeal" bug is (which was "fixed" by making multi-hit skills uninteruptable), the way leap/leap attack work though instead of just canceling their effects they get all screwed up.

I wouldn't rely on it getting fixed, with the current "fix" done in its place.

Also for Whirlwind you freeze in place when this happens (but only for a few seconds), the same goes for Charge, which I heard can get you "locked" up as well.
You kind of lost me there adamantine, I understand there are other similar bugs out there (the charge one in particular I heard mentioned, but that's the one someone said just doing a quick weapon switch fixed).

What I'm not getting is the "fix" in quotes... are you saying there is some hacked fix on leap/leap attack already? That they can't/won't make leap similarily uninterruptable like they did with zeal?

Malphigian > The Blizzard fix isn't stopping the Zeal bug from happening, it's not allowing the Zeal bug to happen (to some skills) by means of making (some skills) uninteruptable.

Eventhough both Whirlwind & Charge are uninteruptable in the code, this bug still happens to them.

For Leap/Leap Attack, they're hopelessly broken, but would be fixed (as would all skills, since they're all affected by it, just that it breaks a few of them) if the true problem behind the Zeal bug was fixed (client and server miscommunication bugs).

Edit > Since these skills which are broken by it all use a special attack sequence (I know, that might not make sense) when performing the skill (and the miscommunication most likely freezes you in this attack sequence), that's where that particular problem lies.

It seems though Blizzard either

1) Gave up on the bug

2) Think it's not that bad (or a nice feature)

.....since they afterall fixed the super damage Ancients bug (and the later invulnerable act 1 monsters), so they are capable of something.
The charge bug is generally fixed by tapping the weapon switch, but not always. Exit game is the only solution sometimes there aswell.

Someone here in the lounge (before the vacation :huh: ) mentioned that there for charge was 2 conditions there could trigger the bug. This be trying to charges with less than 9 points of mana, and trying to charge while in hitrecovery mode!