Ready, Set, go--Ladder items must go, too full
The good news is that I just completed my first set on Ladder (Cleglaw's). :) The bad news is that my warehouses are overflowing, mostly with junk, and it's driving me crazy. :blink:

At the risk of summoning the anti-trading wrath of the mighty Griselda I thought I'd mention that I've put a bunch of spare weenie set and unique items on a temporary mule that I will allow to expire in 10 days (or delete sooner).

Any regular Lurker that wants any of these items (gratis) on USWest Ladder is welcome to send me a message...

Uniques
======
Brainhew (edit: given to anonymous; edit2: I now have another Brainhew up for grabs)
Griswald's Edge
Snoutnail

Set items
=======
Isenhart's: body armor, shield, sword
Sigon's: gloves (edit: given to Boutros)
Civerb's: shield
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
neo troglodite
Hard or Softcore?

If soft, I just might be very interested in Sigon's gloves.
But I haven't a clue as to whether I'm a regular Lurker nowadays.
Boutros,Nov 6 2003, 04:07 PM Wrote:Hard or Softcore?

If soft, I just might be very interested in Sigon's gloves.
But I haven't a clue as to whether I'm a regular Lurker nowadays.
I'm sorry, I should have said: yes, I'm playing softcore.

"Regular" I define as a Lurker that hasn't just joined LL for the dubious purpose of getting these incredibly valuable items for free. :lol:

Sigon's gloves reserved for Boutros--message me (LL style) with a bnet messagable id and when you're likely to be playing and I'll ping ya (tonight is board games night, so I won't be online as much as usual).

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

Having no other thread to put this question and yet not wanting to start a full thread on the topic, I have a loosely related question:

How does one get rid of the whole "Expires in 10 days" thing on one's ladder characters? My actual character has had it removed, but my mules have not even though I've played each of them some and have had them sit in town in some other games. Is there a level one has to reach to get right of the expiration? Is there an amount of time the character has to be in games (I've had one of the mules sit in town far longer than 2 hours)? Does the game know when someone is idle in town rather than out in the wilderness and therefore doesn't count that time? Can you therefore sit on the edge of the Blood Moor and have that count? Or do you have to be actively obtaining experience points?

In short: How does the "Expires in 10 days" thing work?
MongoJerry,Nov 6 2003, 11:10 PM Wrote:Having no other thread to put this question...How does one get rid of the whole "Expires in 10 days" thing on one's ladder characters?  ...
In short: How does the "Expires in 10 days" thing work?
Take a look at the posts (non-threaded) in the last half of the second page of this LL thread: some people's comments on burning in Mules.

Basically it seems to kick idle characters out (but less so if more than one character is in the game) after a while. Being alt-tabbed out is okay in general. And the time needed for "permanent" status is apparently accumulated across sessions, as you can indeed gain that status piecemeal.

MongoJerry: It means you have to play your character for 2 hours, in one or several sessions, otherwise counting 10 days from when you created it, it is subject to deletion.

I like to play mules in public games until I get the cube in Act 2. That way I have the cube for added space, and can also convert runes/gems with the mule. Also that way, the mule can actually equip low level Set or Unique items, the kinda sets that are always helpful to start a new character. Or just for fun, for example I'm trying to complete the Angelic Set on my rune/gem Sorceress mule :)
Quote:I like to play mules in public games until I get the cube in Act 2. That way I have the cube for added space, and can also convert runes/gems with the mule. Also that way, the mule can actually equip low level Set or Unique items, the kinda sets that are always helpful to start a new character. Or just for fun, for example I'm trying to complete the Angelic Set on my rune/gem Sorceress mule 

This is exactly what I do with my mules. I usually play them for a few hours, and get to maybe lvl 20 or so. I also usually start my mules with a build in mind that I'm interested in trying out. If the mule ends up being alot of fun, I just stick with playing them for a little while.

SetHoldingGuy was lvl 54 IIRC before I tired of him :)
Crystalion,Nov 6 2003, 04:14 PM Wrote:(tonight is board games night, so I won't be online as much as usual).
So what board games do you play?

I am partial to crokinole, myself, but would love to know which ones hold you.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Nov 7 2003, 05:48 PM Wrote:So what board games do you play?
Board games we play alot:

Settlers of Cataan (sometimes including expansions like Cities and Knights)
Puerto Rico (including expansion) see: rio grande games website

Card games we play alot:

Wizard (we recommend rule: dealer can not make bid come out even; we also score a bit differently than std.)
Give me the Brain (a Cheapass™ game)
Flux 3.0

Honorable mentions (board & card):

Almost any Cheapass™ game
Blokus
Munchkin (with expansions)
Kremlin
Acquire
Cosmic Encounter
Family Business
Corporate Shuffle (Dilbertian casual social game)
Hearts (double deck cancelation)

Crystalion,Nov 6 2003, 09:08 AM Wrote:The bad news is that my warehouses are overflowing, mostly with junk, and it's driving me crazy.  :blink:
Well, I'm slowly ramping up my viciousness in throwing away stuff. For example I got a second Isenhart's sword, and killed it. I'm about to be forced to kill rings (I'll be re-cubing) so I thought I'd mention I have a bunch of spare ring/ring/amulet (plain magical with only) 10% faster cast, clvl 3 req. These are nice twink items for some builds so I'm offering them here (I'll put them on my giveaway mule for a while).

If I were totally vicious, I'd still have three full mules worth of keepers so far. My top character is only at the end of act 1 nightmare, clvl 44. So I'd have to say the drop rates for good items in v1.10 seems satisfactory. My latest goodie was an ethereal Kelpie Snare (which is why my clvl 44 is at the end of act 1 nm, instead of futzing around MFing stuff--she wants that act 2 nm merc now).

Unfortunately I'm now at a decent level for circlet/ammy gambles so I'll probably be offering up freebie +skills stuff soon (I've kept quite a few, but there is a limit to how many class/builds I think I might actually play). If you have a clvl 30 to 60 character who would make use of a particular circ/amu +skill you might mention it here, as I would save one for you if I came across it. Actually I think I'm getting some clvl 15 req +1 skilltab ammys as well.

edit: drops are good, even in players 1... from Inner Cloister through Andariel in nm: Manald Heal, Ravenclaw; Andy herself: Brainhew, Arctic gloves, Cathan's ring. Possibly my 200%+ MF is helping (I assume it doesn't for Andy--that was my first kill of her fyi).