ISO: Formula Answers
Hail Lurkers,

I made a similar post about a paladin class below, but this is for more specific information. I found everything I need except for the following:

1.) When figuring FPS, what is the BASE? I've managed to find an FPS formula and a ton of calculators, but nothings says what the BASE is. Isn’t it the character type (i.e. Paladin, Amazon, etc.)? If so, is the BASE a set amount or does it change with weapon type?

2.) What is the FPS for zeal? I can find FPS formula, I can find charts for zeal FPS, but I can't find a zeal FPS formula anywhere on the net.

3.) On the Arret Summit it says your attack rate is (Dex * 4) – 28 "if you remove all equipment that affects Defense or Attack Rating." But how do you add all the attack rate together? Is "+" items added in after multiplication items or before? For example (made up numbers), say my attack rate is 500 and I have Fanaticism increasing my attack rate by 100%, Zeal another 100%, and magical items adding a further +100 attack rate - is the +100 attack rate added into my current attack rate before multiplication of the 200% or after?

4.) Same question regarding defense rate with the same problem. Arret Summit simply puts it as: "If you remove all equipment that affects your Defense or Attack Rating, your Defense Rating = Dex / 4 (rounding down)."

5.) EDIT#2 - I just found this information from the Walking Paladin Guide. No need to reply to this one. Original: I have figured out how stamina works, but I can't find any figures for base walk/run speed and what increased movement does for your character.

6.) Is block recovery still used in 1.1? I thought it was removed.

EDIT - Minor error
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
1) I suppose it seems to obvious that people don't mention it: 25. It doesn't really matter though because you should really be mentioning the FPS between numbers: 7 FPS is 17% faster than 6 FPS.

2) See 1).

Edit > Okay, I missunderstood that. The base the calculators should be referring to is the base attack speed of the weapon, ranging from 20 to -30. You should invert the number that is said on AS (for the specific weapon), aka 20 is -20.

3) Wow, I sure have seen some stupid information there, but that takes the cake. I don't even want to figure out where how he made up that info, AKA ignore it. He might be talking about AR, in that case replace "Attack Rating" with Dexterity"

4) That should say "If you remove all equipment that affects your Defense or Dexterity, your Defense will be = Dex / 4"

5) This is different between characters, I'm sure someone is more knowledgable in this, or there's a page on it.

6) No, that was a bad explanation of a fix that I don't even notice. It's 99% like before, for Zeal it's been made uninteruptable, so block/hit recovery doesn't happen when you're using that skill.
Adamantine, thanks for your post. Next time I'll include the actual formula so people can understand better what I'm reffering too.

Regarding item #1

Frames = {256*(Base + 1)/[(100 + EIAS)/100*256]} – 1

[ ] round down; { } round up
EIAS = IAS/(1+IAS/120) - WSM + SIAS: (EIAS is capped at 75%)
Base = Base for Class type. Base for paladin is?
IAS = Total Increased Attack Speed from all equipment
SIAS = Increased Attack Speed from Skills such as Fanaticism
WSM = Weapons Speed Modifier

Everything worked out fine however. Some kind soul had the answers I was looking for in this regards.

Regarding item #2

I'm not sure I understand your answer here :huh: .

Regarding item #3 & #4

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/ch...haracters.shtml
Follow the link down to Dexterity, then Attack Ratings. It gives you the chance to strike an individual monster, but how do you get your attack rate that is shown on the character screen? Here is EXACTLY what is written on the arreat summit:

"If you remove all equipment that affects Defense or Attack Rating, your Attack Rating = (Dex * 4) - 28. "

Do you add in bonuses to the AR then multiply the effect or multiply the effect then add in bonuses. I'm willing to bet you multiply first then add in the bonuses.

Regarding item #6

I found your answer to be perplexing. So your saying they removed block recovery in 1.1 and instead gave you a flat %chance uninterruptable? Or do you mean its still in the game just that when block recovery inacts, you are uninterruptable. You mention using a skill, but I'm not sure why.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Flat 100% chance uninterruptable for Zeal (as well as strafe & jab, d/a/e still interupts them), yes.
Ahh, got it.

I'm so happy now. I've figured out everything I needed from various sources, but one final formula eludes me:

A formula for configuring Zeal FPS.

There must be an additional component to this:

· Speed Increase = IAS/(1+IAS/120) - WSM + SIAS
Speed Increase is capped at 75%
· Frames = {256*(Base + 1)/[(100 + Speed Increase)/100*256]} – 1
IAS = Total Increased Attack Speed from all equipment
SIAS = Increased Attack Speed from Skills such as Fanaticism
WSM = Weapons Speed Modifier
Base = Base for Class type. Base for paladin is:

Base Attack for Paladin:
Weapon Base
1-h Weapon 14
2-h Sword 17/18*
1-h Thrust 16
2-h Thrust 19
2-h Weapon 17
Bow 15
Crossbow 19
Thrown Weapon 15

Even though the Speed Increase is capped at 75%, I suspect that zeal does something to this number, but I'm not sure. I doubt it would affect the Frames formula dirrectly.
It halves the frames, somewhere? (frame rollback 100%, don't ask me what it means)

Try any Paladin board (Amazon Basin), they should have the answers.

AFAIK the frame cap for normal attacks is 4, and Zeal halves this cap.

AS correction:

#1 "If you remove all equipment that affects Dexterity or Attack Rating, your Attack Rating = (Dex * 4) - 28. "

=

You get a bonus of 4 AR for every point in Dex, of which you remove 28 AR.

#2 "If you remove all equipment that affects your Defense or Dexterity, your Defense Rating = Dex / 4 (rounding down

=

You get a bonus of 1 DR for every 4 points in dexterity.

= GF is great at making something very simple into something very confusing and inaccurate.

= No stat affects your swing or cast rate.