Small bitty help required...
Ok. the problem is, there is one very alone sorceress going against Blood Raven's army of Undead using Ice Blast. This is in 1.10. This is the problem. Every time I run out of mana and/or potions, I will return to town to purchase some more. However, it is in my absence that Blood Raven summons more Undead and regenerates back to full health. Note that this is a game with the rule that it must be played in /players 8 mode. This is a very irritating problem, and click-lock does not help at all, with her huge moving wall. Is there a way to stop her summoning during my trips back to town?

I will try to show you how bad the problem is, when I learn how to add screenshots to my posts.
Pirate 1: We've come to the edge of the world!!!
Pirate 2: Pay up, it's flat.
-- Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas
Lure the zombies out of the graveyard without wasting any mana on them. Then go after Blood Raven point blank. Shouldn't be very hard. What level are you?
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II

But the problem is, when I draw the Undead out, she will summon more inside. It will be Deja Vu all over again... And the runaway route will be blocked off.

And she always seems to have life leech on her bow...

So how?
Wait to take her on after a few more levels. Blood Raven is a much higher level than most anything else you face in normal act 1 up to that point (level 12 or 13, IIRC -- I lost the link to the monster level guide, hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong here). Anyways, point is BR is much harder than the average unique/champ you face at this point in your career. No shame in leaving her there until you get a little more power under your belt.

Or, buy LOTS of potions -- like, stuff your inventory with as many health/mana potions as you can, and drop a pile of them on the ground down there (beware the item cleanup, though -- don't bother piling 40 or 50 that'll just get wasted).

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I did this in the 1.10s beta on Blood Raven in /players 8.

Strangling Gas Potions. Yep, pick them all up as you progress around the map. When you hit the Graveyard, make sure you move about to get them in a nice big group, and start slowly poisoning the zombies and Blood Raven. They are resistant, but it still works. Add to that attacks with any Fulminating potions you picked up, and you will be done in a few minutes.

The Poison stops Blood Raven's regen. :) Ice Blast just to slow her down. Weapon switch to II is handy for a lot of things, this is one of them.

Enjoy.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:alone

Does your playing style allow a merc? Although you have not completed thte Bloodraven quest yet, at lvl 8 you are allowed to simply hire a merc in act1. Then buy a long bow from Gheed(he nearly always has a longbow for sale, and often a superior or socketed one. A rogue could very well turn the tide in your favor.
Hey thanks! It was reeaally fun this time round, with poison clouds, fire explosions and cold arrows...

However, this time, although I have killed BR, there's another problem, and this time with the merc. She seems to not target bosses, and will stand around doing nothing when there are no more undead. She kills the undead in one hit though. She only helped to kill the undead.

So, do I have a defective merc, or is it some other problem?

Oops, typed two 'only's in a row in one sentence.
Do the "bait and lure" to get Raven's minions away, then charge right back to her and smack her with your staff. This will interrupt her long enough to put a chill into her bones. After sufficient chilling, repeat adding liberal doses of smacking with staff. Soon, she will try to break away and run. This is when being locked onto her pays off, as she usually runs "away" from her minions, thus by followin in tow, you are in a relatively safe area, where you can continue abusing her until experation.
--DG
NeoLunar,Nov 8 2003, 12:45 PM Wrote:Hey thanks! It was reeaally fun this time round, with poison clouds, fire explosions and cold arrows...

However, this time, although I have killed BR, there's another problem, and this time with the merc. She seems to not target bosses, and will stand around doing nothing when there are no more undead. She kills the undead in one hit though. She only helped to kill the undead.

So, do I have a defective merc, or is it some other problem?

Oops, typed two 'only's in a row in one sentence.
Not sure if it's your style but you could by a static field staff. Static field drops HPs real quick :)

And the merc issue, it's a bug that happens from time to time. I've personally only had it happen to me in the beta against izual with the A2 mercs.