Um'ed Guardian Angel
I traded for an upgraded Um'ed Guardian Angel yesterday in USEast Ladder. I wasn't looking for the Um on it, but it came as an extra as the guy just couldn't handle the strenght required or was upset with the Um result.

In 1.09, I socketed my Guardian Angel with a +15 all res jewel, and noticed that it just didn't show the jewel bonus. In 1.10, it has remained the same, as the Um bonus just don't show on LCS. That' is, when removing the armor, only 15 res to all are lost, instead of the 30 that should be.

However, I'm wondering if the bonus just doesn't show, or just doesn't work. Anyone knows the answer?
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
I believe you are a tad confused.

The default stats for a Guardian Angel provide the wearer with +15% to maximum resistances, and has no other resistance affecting attributes. The effect of an um rune or a jewel would simply add +15 restances (which is not inherent to the armor). Ergo, the armor is displaying and granting the correct stats.
Well, I think I've waited long enough for more replies.

I don't know if you have an Um'ed GA to test what you wrote, but at least on mine what you say isn't correct. To mention just 1 resistance, removing the GA leaves me with 73% Fire Res. When using it I have 88% Fire Res.

If the Um would be working as you say (and can be expected), I would reach 75% and the GA "inherent" attribute would grant 90%. And that doesn't happen.

x% to the maximum resistance, afaik, doesn't mean that it will only work if the character reaches 75%, but that it will give x% to the maximum already reached, regardless of the 75% cap. I removed resistance charms to verify this, and the armor always gave the +15% even when not reaching 75%.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
From AS:

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 770-825 (varies)(Base Defense: 252-274)
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 118
Durability: 60
+180-200% Enhanced Defense(varies)
+20% Increased Chance Of Blocking
+30% Faster Block Rate
+ (2.5 Per Character Level) 2-247 To Attack Rating Against Demons (Based On Character Level)
+1 To Paladin Skill Levels
+4 To Light Radius
15% To Maximum Poison Resist
15% To Maximum Cold Resist
15% To Maximum Lightning Resist
15% To Maximum Fire Resist
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

The +Maximum resist does NOT give any resistance by itself. If you have added in an UM (or 15% res all jewel) you will ofc see an added 15% resistance whenever you equip it but if you haven't done that you will gain NO resistance from the armor. All +Maximum resist does is let you reach higher levels of resistance than without, it does not give any resistance by itself (which you seem to think it does).
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
My bad wording, sorry. You're right, +maximum doesn't give any resistance by itself. However, that's not what I asked, but why aren't the Um resistances reflected in the LCS.

I already wrote that the given character reached 73% Fire resistance before using the Um'ed Guardian Angel, and after the armor only 88% Fire resistance, instead of the expected 90%.

If the Um would be working, or reflecting on the LCS, just 60% resistance would be enough to reach 90% when the Um'ed Guardian Angel is in place.

I think you need to reread the previous post again, because you're still not seeing that +15% all max resists correctly.

Let's say I have a glass with markings up the side. Let's further say this glass has markings up to 75 milliliters, and is filled with water up to the 73 mL mark. Now, if I take this glass and pour the contents into a larger glass with markings up to 90 mL, should I have 73 or 88 mL? 73, right? Because the amount of water hasn't changed, just the size of the glass holding it. If I then add 15 mL, I should have 88 mL.

Resistances work the same way. +Resist maximum modifiers don't give you more water, they just change the size of the glass. Only if the item also says +resist, do you get more water. Examples include the Jade Tan Do kris and Darkglow ring mail, along with the full set bonuses from Iratha's Finery.
Quote:Let's say I have a glass with markings up the side. Let's further say this glass has markings up to 75 milliliters, and is filled with water up to the 73 mL mark. Now, if I take this glass and pour the contents into a larger glass with markings up to 90 mL, should I have 73 or 88 mL? 73, right? Because the amount of water hasn't changed, just the size of the glass holding it. If I then add 15 mL, I should have 88 mL.

I just had to say that that was a great example, and well written. Bravo.
Nokozan's Relic too. I had to add that, since it was the first unique my ladder assassin got while playing with my brother today. :)
I think this is all the uniques that add + to max resists:

Nokozan Relic (amulet): +10% max fire resist
Spirit Keeper (earth spirit): +10% max poison resist
Dragonscale (zakarum shield): +5% max fire resist
Darkglow (ring mail): +5% max all resist
Hawkmail (scale mail): +15% max cold resist
Venom Ward (breast plate): +15% max posion resist
Hotspur (boots): +15% max fire resist
Hellcast (heavy crossbow): +15% max fire resist
The Jade Tan Do (kris): +20% max poison resist
The Tannr Gorerod (pike): +15% max fire resist
Guardian Angel (templar coat): +15% max all resist