Prevent monster heal
If I have a piece of armor that grants Prevent Monster Heal, does it work with spells like Fireball or Lightning?
No. You have to hit a monster with an attack to apply it.
Second question. What if I hit it physically with PMH, then attack with spells? If it does work, how long does the PMH last?
I recall reading that PMH lasted indefinitely while you stay around the monster. Apparently, if you leave for some time and come back and attack the monster without PMH, it'll wear off, though.
Suggestion: Get some PMH, OW, or at least poison damage on your mercenary.
Further question...
my merc weapon is PMH, but apears to have no effect, Bad observation on my part, imunity to it on some monsters, or nonfunctional on the merc?
The wind has no destination.
I've heard of people having issues with PMH on mercs. This can be a huge problem if you're expecting it to kick in against Ueber Diablo. AFAIK, it's supposed to work, but doesn't. 1.11, anyone?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
How about this one: will PMH be attached to a bow's exploding arrow damage?
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
adeyke,Nov 9 2003, 04:31 PM Wrote:Apparently, if you leave for some time and come back and attack the monster without PMH, it'll wear off, though.
Since "the dawn of DII time", if you leave an area for ~20 secs, the monsters will be frozen, and when you come back they get regenerated in their stats (or reset if you like). The only thing saved is their current hp (or rather, all their monstats.txt stats, together with the player in game change).

That's also the bug with act bosses (& super uniques?) before: their drop wasn't saved and thus reverted to the first one: Bishibosh's.

Something amusing with this if you leave bonewall/prison for half an hour in an area, they'll still be there when you return (okay, I only "tried" it for a few mins).
Confirming that PMH does not work on mercs. Mine uses blackhorns and as I am a bone spells necro it is up to him to kill the few magic immunes I come across. In a high player game it's totaly hopeless because they regen faster than he can take them down. <_<

Incase someone asks the PMH on blackhorns is not somehow bugged, against uber diablo I put it on and whacked him before killing him.
thank you.
I accidently bought the pike at the gamblers (right mouse button sliped) and it was a putrid/vile or simmiar. Nice dammage, but without the pmh..
then again, it still has poison.. so it gets the job done. Right?
The wind has no destination.
Yeah, poison damage works in a similar fashion. However, poison damage only prevents regen for it's duration... which isn't more than 6 or 7 seconds at best, IIRC.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]