Open Wounds
What I was going at is instead of adding together different effects of regeneration, it's more complicated than that in 1.10.

As in:

* PMH stops positive regeneration (instead of all, like <1.09?)
* (Multiple) potion heal regeneration is averaged (since the the patch that they didn't work instantly, this was always so?)
* Native hp regeneration (as in DamageRegen column added) is negated by OW, PMH, and poison
* Prayer was never in any version negated by anything (and multiple auras have always stacked) since it increases the hitpoint stat directly

And thus lastly: any other hp regen isn't negated or affected.
adamantine,Dec 9 2003, 02:04 AM Wrote:* PMH stops positive regeneration (instead of all, like <1.09?)
* (Multiple) potion heal regeneration is averaged (since the the patch that they didn't work instantly, this was always so?)
* Native hp regeneration (as in DamageRegen column added) is negated by OW, PMH, and poison

And thus lastly: any other hp regen isn't negated or affected.
This is a bit confusing. What I see Ferengi saying is that, like a heal potion, +replenish from items (e.g. pSkulls) doesn't seem to be set to zero (like DamageRegen). This would imply, for example, that +15 replenish (a not unattainable number) would give you over 12 HPs a second, completely counteracting any "annoyance" poisons to a Player.

This, like Prayer, doesn't strike me as a big deal. YMMV. (If a poison is that weenie I don't mind drinking the occasional red, if the poison is tougher, then an antidote potion is far more effective, unless you're meleeing in some awful cloud of it, in which case you should have sought out a resist poison shrine = effective immunity).

The other thought here is that a necro using kuko (like my v1.09 necro used, before v1.10 enchant made that godly) instead of bone spear/spirit to throw in some damage, can life steal a little, to keep topped off (okay, now that Lifetap works ranged, they can steal a *lot*).

Of course I love picking up things and examining them and selling them to the shop. I don't play all that much in parties. I could see how "low maintainence" players would like to, if possible, avoid trips to town and drinking potions. In that case weenie life replenish and (I think even slvl 20 is weenie) prayer are useful. Or does Prayer v1.10 release now have an increasing heal formula for really high slvls?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Quote:This would imply, for example, that +15 replenish (a not unattainable number) would give you over 12 HPs a second

I'm not sure where you're getting that 12 hp/second. Replenish life +15 would give 15/256 life per frame, or 375/256 (about 1.46) life per second.
adeyke,Dec 9 2003, 03:34 AM Wrote:I'm not sure where you're getting that 12 hp/second.&nbsp; Replenish life +15 would give 15/256 life per frame, or 375/256 (about 1.46) life per second.
That bad huh? Geez, why even consider it then? I've been sick for days, so I'm more math challenged than usual it seems.

This is like the Blizzard (permanent rune) robbery at Hellforge when you're partied: how could they do that, that's absurd!

On the plus side, I've never thought Malice had a penalty worth noticing (esp. on a merc). Half a HP loss a second (there, did I do better on the math this time :D ) hardly seems like they should have even bothered. (I remember BNM types wearing dual constricting rings and that resist => 0 darkness helm--Gotterdamrung?--in D1 days gone by, and that was -2 HPs/sec, iirc, for chars with a *lot* less HPs than D2 chars have).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Actually, I think the net result of RL+15 is 1 7/8 hp per second. If memory serves, every +8 to replenish life=1HP per second. Something to do with how poison is handled and "bite damage" Someone told me this once, regarding Tao of Poison and werebear HP strats.
Replenish life +X means you gain X "bites" of life per frame. One bite = 1/256.

That means that, in order to get 1 life per second, you'd need Replenish life +10.24 (if non-integer values were possible).
Quote:Or does Prayer v1.10 release now have an increasing heal formula for really high slvls?

Yessir.

* 17-28 is 2 per slvl

* 29+ is 3 per slvl

slvl 20 is 25 healed (every 2 secs of course)
slvl 25 is 35
slvl 30 is 47
slvl 35 is 62
slvl 40 is 77
slvl 40 is 92
slvl 50 is 107 < Some item nuts can probably it this high.

It's great unless when you're taking huge amount of damage (you barely need to use potions then), and with a party not the same person will hopefully take the majority of the damage all the time, and with summons that will happen naturally.

[Question to anyone]

I'm wondering about Cleansing though, it only has Poison Length Resist (item_poisonlengthresist) as mentioned in the mpq's, not any curse one (like Fade's - curse_resistance), does it really have that though hidden somehow?
Does the inclusion of a Circlet of +3 Defensive Auras add to the Merc's aura/skill , or is there a hard cap on some auras?

Silks
Honor weapon.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
It's changed for 1.10.

Merc auras are affected by +all skills and +their specific aura (I don't think there are any items they can use that have this).

They are not affected by +Paladin skills or by any +skill tab (so no, mercs won't have their aura increased by a +defensive auras or +offensive auras).
Heiho,

Crystalion,Dec 9 2003, 03:30 AM Wrote:The other thought here is that a necro using kuko (like my v1.09 necro used, before v1.10 enchant made that godly) instead of bone spear/spirit to throw in some damage, can life steal a little, to keep topped off (okay, now that Lifetap works ranged, they can steal a *lot*).
*notetomyself*
check if LT works with ExA, too, as leech didn't work with that kind of missile in 1.09, but well, LT didn't work with ranged attacks those days

PS: edited black_spys correct test scenario in damage calculation posting, because I always mess up those things :c)

<edit>
something with the quote didn't work
</edit>
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Jarulf,Nov 7 2003, 11:19 PM Wrote:level 1-15: 25*(9*clvl-31)/256
This should probably be as in the AS:

level 1-15: 25*(9*clvl+31)/256

Yes?
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Tommi,Dec 11 2003, 12:37 AM Wrote:
Jarulf,Nov 7 2003, 11:19 PM Wrote:level 1-15: 25*(9*clvl-31)/256
This should probably be as in the AS:

level 1-15: 25*(9*clvl+31)/256

Yes?
Ooops, yes. I will correct the first post.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.