The old DSF Gatherings
Hello All,

I'm kind of an "Old Timer" to the Diablo world who has been out of pocket for quite some time. It seems to me that there are a few familiar names floating around on this forum and I'm wondering if strategy forum gatherings still take place.

A long time ago, back when D2 was only a dreamed of idea, we used to schedule a time and create a channel named DSF a couple of times a year and a great number of DSF regulars and Lurkers would chat and play games for hours (or sometimes even days.) It was kind of like the Sturgis of the Diablo world.

If gatherings don't still happen, maybe it would be an interesting way for people who share the same interests to enjoy each others company.

I wonder what kind of resistance the Realms (ie west, east and so on) may cause in such an event....
we have channel "Diablo DSF-1" on the uswest realm-usually held open by our friendly neighbourhood OneWhoWatches and Skywing[vL]@Lordaeron. A few people pop by now and again, and we had to change the channel's name to that to allow Diablo 1 clients to still enter:)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Thanks for the info. :D

I actually dropped in for a bit last night and chatted some with some folks that were in there. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to talk with some people who are normal! I've gotten so used to public B.net that it is amazing just to see people talking about something other than what items they are trying to trade and can even communicate in complete sentences!

Thanks a bunch.