Split server bug?
This all happened kind of suddenly so I can't explain how it happened. I was all nice one night and the next night when I tried to join a game my friend was in, it said "game does not exist". I was quite stumped because when I did /f list I saw that he was in that game. So I tried creating a room with that exact same name and it said that game name already existed. I could not join games my friends were in and they could'nt join mine. At first I thought it was just a simple server split but this has been going on for 2 days straight. Also when I created a game WITH a password (create a private game) they are able to join my games? And the other way around. WTF? Top it off, when I click "join" to join a game I will only see like 2 or 3 games on my list...and when I went to my friends house and logged onto my account I would see dozens of games to join. hmm something is definately wrong.
I have tried reseting my modem, restarting, reconnecting numerous times, try logging onto different realms, and much more but still no luck.
Anyone else experiencing this problem? Did you guys solve it? Anyone have any answers or tips on how to solve it? I wanted to report this to blizzard but I did'nt know how so does anyone know what email I use to report bugs?
Thanks~
Hello.

Just a few info:

(1). This bug appeared last fall, when Blizz introduced their first "anti-hacking" features. It effectively "spilts" the realm, the split only affects open games though.

(2). Blizzard knows about this. They calim to be working on fixing it; they claim this since last fall mind you.

(3). Worry not, in a few days' it'll go away. In the meantime play in private games with your friends (what's what I do whenever I am on the suffering end of the split; you see too few normal games to be able to play publicly and your friends are unable to join the games you see just as mugh as you are unable to enter the games he sees).

Hope this serves as some consolation.

c.
As far as I know, you get "tagged" among other things if you EVER lag out.

For me last time it only lasted 5 mins, before that it was 30 mins (then I got tagged after lagging out 3 times).

Also this is only related to a single character......Maybe I'm not talking about the same thing?

Quote:and when I went to my friends house and logged onto my account I would see dozens of games to join.

Oooh....So it tags by IP? In that case you can play through a proxy server(adress forwarder?), I know nothing about that though.

That also means if you didn't do anything (it just stopped working when you logged in one day?) someone else could be using your account or computer (trojan), or the IP tagging works on a range (say your IP is 125.52.5.8.15 it tags anything starting with 125.52.5.*.*)
Im not in open. Im in Ladder USEast. I didnt do anything T_T;;; I just wanna play my sorceress >_<
adamantine,Nov 9 2003, 06:25 PM Wrote:say your IP is 125.52.5.8.15 it tags anything starting with 125.52.5.*.*
Slightly offtopic, but IPv4 addresses only have 4 parts, not 5. ;-)

I don't think it's done by IP address, however; by an extension of your own proxy server suggestion, lots of people will already be proxying through a server due to their ISP's configuration. Battle.net can't ban the proxy server's IP without throwing a lot of "innocent" people offline too.

A similar thing happened to me a few days ago on US West; I got killed in Duriel's chamber in normal ( forgot the thawing potion for the increased cold resistance ;-) ), and rather than risk trying to recover my body and dying again I thought I'd just quit the game and rejoin it. No such luck; on quitting the game, I got 'lost connection to battle.net' followed by 'realm down'. A quick check with a different account on a different computer confirmed that the realm was not, in fact, down, but my game which had been up for 40 minutes or so had been killed off instantly.

Deleting the 'bncache.dat' file from my d2 directory on the 'realm down' computer enabled me to get back on immediately, instead of having to wait the 20 minutes or so it used to require back in 1.09; however they may well have changed the realm down timeout, so this could have been just a coincidence.
You don't know what you're talking about.