The hydra PKing of 1.10
I compare HC/Pk'ing to Felucca/Pk'ing in Ultima Online (I'm talking too much about this, aren't I?).

As for which of parties are right; none are, and the debate is mostly useless.

Although I could say the anti-pk party are more right - but only because DII is just a plain, badly designed, linear game with no chance of role-playing (evil). <_<
Of course there is evil! You can... Roleplay the role of an uhh... Evil wizard, who makes a grand telepathic announcement that he is going to kill you, releasing the light magics that bound him from striking at you. And he then has to wait 10 seconds, before he has the power to manipulate waypoints!

I think I'll stick to roleplaying with Sirian's dishes.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
It's too bad that most pk'ers use at least one type of hack. I don't mind legit pk'ers, actualy. Of course, seems like only a few like to play fair.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Brista,Dec 8 2003, 01:26 AM Wrote:All that people like you do is victimise new people or casual people who don't know what they're doing yet

What a great way to kill off the fun for other people

Reminds me of when I was a kid and you met kids who wouldn't tell you all the rules of a new game so they could later point to a rule you didn't know about just to win
Allowing hostiling should be a flag like the old HC creation screen flag, so that people know what they are getting themselves in for.

Good thing is, we have exactly this flag already... it is called The Amazon Basin ;)
Tell them to come find you in Tal-Rasha's tomb! :D
AtomicKitKat,Dec 8 2003, 08:37 AM Wrote:Tell them to come find you in Tal-Rasha's tomb! :D
Doesn't work. PKers can effectively guess your location by your level/your party's level, and start their search from there - cropses or drops near waypoints are a pretty big "I'M HERE" sign.

That is of course, referring to the PKers that have a brain. The majority of PKers are still playing the same old game: "Wow, I got a bonesnap! K3wl! Let's make a lvl 24 charger paladin, and PK lvl 13s in sewers."
Quote:Tell them to come find you in Tal-Rasha's tomb!&nbsp;

Don't be too quick to rely on this strategy though. Often a PK will have a spotter/looter who will stay with the hostiled party to give away locations. Often that spotter will urge the party on to fight the PK: "Come on guys, he's only lvl 20 and we have 6 lvl 30s to fight him. We can kill him." Obviously this is exactly what the PK wants.
Level 13s in sewers? I already have enough trouble getting level 23s past Duriel, nevermind the sewers...
There are also Sewers in Act 2. I think they're the ones referred to here :)
Ahh, okay. I don't rush much. In fact, I typically overstay in levels, clearing a couple of the sub-caves over and over to get that next skill plateau.
was there ever a prefrance for the lag of bal's minions loading as a pk window?
The wind has no destination.
Quote:I'm interpreting the "no running away/parking" as meaning that you won't respawn the NM acnients if they come up with horrible mods.

Sure. One of the few times I've actually been PKed was right then. I Hydra sorc got me during lister's opening lag. Of course, she may have gotten me anyway. The TP to town with hydras on the ground should have been a tip off. That was before Hydra PKing was common though. I was unprepared. She did time it just right though. I didn't even see the hostile before I was dead(she hostiled just as the loading started).

EDIT: Wow, what a cross post. That quote I put in above was from a thread on the AB board. I meant to quote the person asking about PKing during listers opening lagg(which isn't a problem in 1.10 now).
Oh, by the way guys, aparrently, Fireballs, Meteor (impact damage only), Blizzard, and Bone Spirits are also used in the TP-Hostile "strategy".

Good job, Blizzard. Your logic never ceases to amaze me.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote: That is of course, referring to the PKers that have a brain.

Well, not much to worry then. B)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
It would certainly be nice, unfortunately some PK's are really good; intelligence and strategy!

I just don't get it why those guys are doing it :unsure:

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Well, from the PKers I know, they do it for the thrill of the hunt. And yes, they do die on a semi-regular basis, when they try to take on bigger things that they can handle.

/Casts a glance at the lvl 50 druid, with a Cruel Martel De Fer of quickness, waiting at the WP for someone to hostile in a Norm Baal run.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
SwissMercenary,Dec 11 2003, 02:26 PM Wrote:And yes, they do die on a semi-regular basis, when they try to take on bigger things that they can handle.
Well, I'm not shedding any tears for them :P
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Neither do I. :P

If someone hostiles, I suggest that they should be prepared for the consquences. :lol:
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Jay

That is one thing I like about the new ladder, it is all about ability, no dupes, no hacks!

Cross my fingers

If I get grief now-a-days I know I have a chance, before 1.10 I knew I never had a chance against PKs because I follow the LL rules (AB rules also)

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos